Options
Hi Folks,

So I need some advice.

Height- 5FT 2
Weight- around 122-125lbs
Waist- 26inch
Hips 35.5
UK size 8
Body Fat- Unsure?? Bu tlokign at the pictures on this website- http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

I would estimate I am 22-25% as I do have some ab and leg definition. But obviously cnat be accurate unless I get measured properly!

Whilst I’m not overweight and do have muscle definition I am looking at trimming back and ideally would like to be around 118 with a lower body fat %. I walk about 60-80 mins a day and I started crossfit and im really enjoying this so have started to incorporate paleo eating habits into my meals. The problem I currently have is I don’t really know how much I should be eating? I have now set my macros to 40% Fat 20% carbs and 40% protein and aimed to eat 1500 calories a day which with these macros is quite a lot of food! I trialed this last week and didn’t really feel hungry, but still had the odd treats which I made sure was within my allowances/ exercise calories. I know it takes longer than a week to see a difference but my weight has crept up over the last few months from 120lbs to 125… It should be mind over matter as my clothes aren’t tight or anything and I know if this was fat gain I would feel this in how my clothes fit....

I don’t fully understand the TDDE thing, so not sure if 1500 is too much or too little!

Any suggestions or advice would be welcomed.

Thanks!

Replies

• ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    How tall are you? Do you really need to trim if you are a UK8?
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose I'd be tempted to say eat at maintenance and concentrate on heavy lifting
  • letsdothis84
    letsdothis84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 2 x
  • letsdothis84
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I am building up ym lifting at crossfit :) How do i figure out what my maint calories would be?? Sorry i am clueless on this sutff and have followed WW before where it was all about counting points x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose I'd be tempted to say eat at maintenance and concentrate on heavy lifting

agreed.... use the scooby calculator to work out TDEE and then take of 10% at the most and do some strength/resistance training
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to maintain at 120 and I'm 5'3". I would suggest lowering it slightly if you still want to lose, and do some circuit training or weight lifting. Try 1400 for a while, see how it goes, then adjust as needed.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Google TDEE calculator and then you can put in some figures and work it out. Basically your TDEE is how many calories you burn a day on average. I'm 5'6 and weigh 154 and do 5 or 6 classes/gym sessions a week, plus walk most days with my kids (well, chase them on their scooters!) and my TDEE is between 2200 and 2400 depending on which calculator I use.

I aim for 1600 calories which is less than my TDEE - 20% but it's close enough! I'm a bit scared to go higher.

My waist is 29"' hips 39"' boobs about 37, and I generally wear a UK 12.
  • letsdothis84
    Options
    I have looked at the Scooby Calculator and it says that with the Miffin- St Jeor method my:

BMR- 1249
    TDDE- 1718
    Calories needed per day to lose fat- for 10% reduction- 1546

So do I aim to eat the 1546 per day and eat back any exercise calories? Or do I save the exercise calories?

Thanks!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have looked at the Scooby Calculator and it says that with the Miffin- St Jeor method my:

BMR- 1249
    TDDE- 1718

So do I aim to eat the 1546 per day and eat back any exercise calories? Or do I save the exercise calories?

Thanks!

the TDEE calculation should include exercise, so you dont eat them back.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

BMR- 1249
    TDDE- 1718

Thanks!

What activity level did you select? How many days do you do crossfit?

I'm the same stats as you, height and weight wise, but my BF is lower and I eat much more than that.
  • letsdothis84
    Options
    I am doing crossfit twice a week just now but increasing this from next month as im still only a few months in so learning technique etc. Im walking about 20 miles a week also.

How did you lower your body fat and what is your typcial macros/ calorie intake per day?

Thanks! :)
  • letsdothis84
    Options
    Oh and i chose lightly active?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I am doing crossfit twice a week just now but increasing this from next month as im still only a few months in so learning technique etc. Im walking about 20 miles a week also.

How did you lower your body fat and what is your typcial macros/ calorie intake per day?

Thanks! :)

Heavy lifting, diet and HIIT. My HIIT is sprints/bleacher runs 1-3 times a week no more than 30 mins. I lift 4-5 times a week for about 45 mins so my activity is a little different hence the higher level. I'd say your activity is ok but once your lifting increases change the walking into something more productive unless its part of your life like walking to work etc and your activity level will probably need increased too.

My macros are grams only, I don't follow % and my cut is 1850. They will change as I go into maintenance in a few weeks, slowly increasing now. There are some threads on here on how to calculate them but I found mine through IIFYM.com.