Microvascular Ischemia

Hi,

I went for an MRI & IAM brain scan a few days ago and the results was that I had Microvascular Ischemia. The doctor advised that it could very well be due to suffering from anorexia nervosa for a little over 20 years.

I was diagnosed with Sinus Tachycardia a few years ago. I have tried Beta Blockers but no to no avail. I have been on Coralan too but it did not work for me. I am currently on 160 mg of Isoptin but it is not making a great enough reduction in my heart rate. Today, the doctor has changed my medication to a central working adrenaline tablet. This is her last option and the a pace maker is high on the cards. It has been in question over the last eight months.

The other day whilst ironing, an excruciating pain across the left of my chest and my left arm. My triceps and bicep muscle pain I could not tolerate it was so painful. Then I proceeded to hang up washing and I felt out of it, dizzy, disorientated, imbalanced and unfocused. Once, I was able to move as best as I could to my room, I put on my heart rate monitor and it read 216 bpm. I was left exhausted, weak and without energy for several days that doing daily house chores was such an effort then I would sleep for hours at a time.

On the 25th April 2009, I had a stroke early hours in the morning. The left side of my face was numb and drooped severely. I could not comprehensively and coherently speak. It came out garbage. My left side of my body was heavy that I could not hold myself. I was trembling badly.
I got to the hospital and they put several IVs up with drugs I do not know the name of. Today, the left hip, leg and arm is weaker than the right. I am a left handed person. My leg and hip (for some reason) are the worst.

I know that due to the anorexia nervosa is the major contributing factors of my heart issues.

However, my question to you is - is there a relation between the Sinus Tachycardia and the Microvascular Ischemia ? Does one cause the onset of the other?

Should anyone be able to give advice, I would be grateful.

Thank you

Replies

• Tankgirl001
    Tankgirl001 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi

I failed to mention that the doctor picked up on a 48 hour monitor that I have an AV block on Mobitz II. My QTp (I think she said that) is prolonged by 108 and shows a flat line.

Please explain this to me. I am quite confused.

Many thanks
  • Tankgirl001
    Tankgirl001 Posts: 8 Member
    Sorry,

I am very slow today. The prolonged period is of 1.8. Not 108
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    I really think this a question for your doctor.