I am realizing how my lifestyle is changing

Options
I have come to realize that there are so many things about my lifestyle that is changing...

For one...Last night my hubby and I were getting ready to go for our usual evening walk. We have this thing that we say the 'long' or the 'short' walk. The long walk is about 5 miles (it is hard to judge since it isn't all on streets but a path that runs behind our apt) and the short one is 3 miles (we know because we clocked it in our truck). We are just amazed that we now consider 3 miles a short walk; I remember a time when the 3 mile walk was the long one and took us forever to do, now we are always home within an hour and we would never have considered doing a 5 mile walk.

Another thing.... When we go on our walks we walk pass 2 gas stations and a pizza shop. Sometimes we will stop at one of the gas stations to go potty (we drink a lot of water, lol) but we have never stopped at the pizza shop although it always smells so good. I remember a time not so long ago that we would have complained if we had just walked to the pizza shop which is only a stones throw away from our house. But we also would have given into the smells and gotten pizza to eat, now it is the farthest thing from our minds. We are just concentrating on finishing our walk and coming home to log the calories burned.

It is just so amazing how after 4 months of eating healthier, exercising and working hard we have both lost quite a bit of weight and feel so much better than we have in years. The work is paying off and of course seeing the results makes us both want to work that much harder to reach our goals.

Just thought I would share this tid bit of success.

Thanks

Replies

• kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    great job!! it's amazing how we can reprogram our minds and lives!! Woohoo!
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    Way to go!! It IS amazing how much things change as you progress isn't it?!? Keep up the amazing efforts!
  • Ubiguchi
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success. It's not only useful to hear of others success stories, but it's nice to read from someone going through a familar experience. I especially liked hearing about your 'long' or 'short' walks, as I have something similar with my partner. I also hear you on the water and need to go potty

> it is hard to judge since it isn't all on streets but a path that runs behind our apt
    Alongside calorie and exercise counting, I'm a fanatical user of www.walkjogrun.net which is an excellent way to log the mileage of off-the-road routes.

Good luck for the future.
  • momtofour
    momtofour Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    thats a lovely little bit of info, and yeah as you say things change without your realising,it which makes it all the more satifying, well done both and keep up the good work,
  • NaturallyMara
    NaturallyMara Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your story is very inspiring. I hope to work my way up to 5 miles! I was considering going walking with my Mom today and now I will definitely be making that walk!

Keep up the good work!
  • tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    Sounds like you and husband are doing just fine.... Keep up the good walks and work. I try not to deprive myself of everything. If I get something I know I should not have I eat a 1//4 are half of it and throw the other away. That way I know it want get ate by me later.......
    It is hard to smell things and walk past it. But that is a accomplishment for you. Have a good week... Keep up the great work you are doing on here....
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I too am walking more and didn't realize how much I was getting into shape until I walked around the block (the path I use to walk) and didn't even blink before I was back home, now I am walking 4.2 miles and getting better at walking it. Hay for me!!

We all will make changes as we go in our new lifestyle!!

Keep up the great work!!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I just realized last night that I can exercise and not get chaffing now LOL.
  • IsraaQ
    IsraaQ Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's amazing thank you for sharing this and the nice thing is you are doing it together
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep it up! It is amazing how good you feel when everything starts falling into place and your old habits are a thing of the past!
  • twingirls05
    Options
    That's awesome!!! It's definitely a mental game, as well as a physical game! I'm SO proud of you and your husband!!!

It is funny to see all the lifestyle changes you make!

My husband laughs at me now...this time, last year, I was doing "long" runs of 6 miles and felt like I just couldn't go anymore and I was exhausted. Now, my "short runs" are upwards of 8-10 miles with my "long" runs of 14-16+ miles...lol!!! It's amazing what our bodies can accomplish once we start to nourish it right and give it the energy it needs to sustain a healthy lifestyle! My husband will say, "What are you running tonight?" I will say, "Oh, maybe 8 miles." He says, "Oh, that's it!" Ha!
  • wvmom30
    wvmom30 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think both you and your husband are doing a great job!!! I'm sure there will come a day when the 5 mile is easy too.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're both doing great! Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!