Waking up bloated??

Options
Almost every morning I wake up extremely bloated - like stomach pooched out with pretty bad discomfort. I drink a fair amount of water per day (usually between 6-8 cups) and I don't usually eat too much sodium. Does anyone else have this problem? How did you solve it? Any suggestions??

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Is it gas or do you just need to pee? Have you tried a course of a freeze dried probiotic (beneficial bacteria)? Are you eating a lot of the more gassy fruits and vegetables?
  • missxlaur
    Options
    My diet hasn't really changed that much. Maybe I will try a probiotic? Anyone else dealing with this or just me? Haha
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    I'm bloated all the time. Especially in the morning. I have issues digesting food and can get gassy. I eat a lot of vegetables and beans, which certainly adds to the bloatedness. Try eating more yogurt or taking a probiotic, it usually helps me.
  • missxlaur
    Options
    Ok great. Thank you.

Any suggestions for probiotics to use? I'm kind of lactose intolerant so too much yogurt exacerbates the stomach issues
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    As stated opt for for freeze dried capsules, these should contain billions of viable organisms, yoghurts only contain millions IF they are stored properly from manufacture to the time of eating. Get them from a health food store.
  • imfullerthanu
    imfullerthanu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I wake up bloated too. I drink plenty of water ( min of 64oz a day) and have cut out all medications from my life except melatonin. Nothing is working. It seems to be keeping me from losing weight! HELP!