Missed period need help!!

Options
I need some help here. I haven't had my period since may and in may I started doing weight lifting and heavy cardio workouts. I think that's why I keeping missing it, it's starting to freak me out a little and I need some help with how to get my period back please!! I know I wasn't eaten enough cause I had a issue with my gall bladder and I couldn't eat very much. But I had my gall bladder removed two weeks ago so I should be able to eat again. I need some tips please anyone

Replies

• gillmitch
    Options
    make an appointment with a doctor :)
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    post in the right spot .I don't think this is a success... and talk to your DR
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    have you cut your bf% back too much? we can lose our periods below a certain %. maybe around 15%?!? - hopefully someone more knowledgeable can tell you.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You had your gallbladder moved, haven't been eating enough, and are missing periods? GO TO THE DOCTOR.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You could be pregnant. You will just get the period back in 9 months. Well 8 months now.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I need some help here. I haven't had my period since may and in may I started doing weight lifting and heavy cardio workouts. I think that's why I keeping missing it, it's starting to freak me out a little and I need some help with how to get my period back please!! I know I wasn't eaten enough cause I had a issue with my gall bladder and I couldn't eat very much. But I had my gall bladder removed two weeks ago so I should be able to eat again. I need some tips please anyone

Hey! Yes, I agree - go see your gyno! Regular exercise does play havoc on our TOMs! I quit taking bc 5+ yrs ago and live with an anxiety disorder, so I only got my period 2-3 times a year for 5 yrs! I asked my gyno repeatedly and they weren't concerned. They only asked why I was complaining and just ensure I have one every 6 months (at minimum) b/c we need to shed our lining. If you do not get one for 6 months, your gyno can issue you medication to make it happen. I did this once...but for the most part, I would get enough a yr to avoid the meds.

Since I've been consistently working out since May, I have gotten my TOM 5 months in a row now...so it does change it. The best you can do is go to your doctor and see what is up. Have you been really stressed? That's really effects it! Good luck!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on successfully avoiding menstruation! :flowerforyou:

Seriously, see a doctor.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Is your midsection getting larger?
  • PlanetoftheAtheists
    Options

Go to do the doctor.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Notify the baby daddy's....congrats!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I was really hoping you were talking about a punctuation mistake. Seriously people, common sense tells us when something is off medically, contact a physician.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    What are you going to name the kid?

May I suggest Tyler?
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    Just break up.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I was really hoping you were talking about a punctuation mistake. Seriously people, common sense tells us when something is off medically, contact a physician.

Nope. Need to ask people on MFP what this bump is over here. Can you guys check it out and tell me what I should do?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Yay!, you made it to menopause.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Eat the amount you should. Check with your doctor to make sure there are no underlying issues and if you've been sexually active you might want to see if you're pregnant as well. As stated a very low body fat can make your periods stop. Good luck.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    You know that old sarcastic phrase....

"Don't do something I wouldn't do, and if you do, don't name it after me."

This applies.