Sick ?!

Options
OK, i am home really sick. I need to try to stay within my 1200 cal limit, how do i do that when i don't really wanna eat or i wanna eat everything in sight?! Comfort food would be nice.

It seems like i would need more when I am sick.... any ideas, thoughts, advice, tips????? Help!

Thanks guys!

Jenn

Replies

• niclexiemom
    niclexiemom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing currently. Being congested and overall tired makes it hard for me to eat how I should. I want to encourage you to drink water when you get the urge to snack on something you know you shouldn't or eat a piece of fruit and protein. It will give you more strength and energy and help you stay on track, along with giving your body what it needs to fight whatever you are going through.

Good luck! You can do it.
    Debbie
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are under the weather. Try some hot tea with a little lemon and honey. That usually works for me, whether it's a cold or a tummy bug. You could also try some warm broth, or some jello if you want something sweet. Feel better soon.
  • princessmedic
    Options
    Any kind of broth based soup....comfort food that's relatively low in calories!
  • poidoggie
    Options
    Thanks guys for the ideas..... I tried to eat a little something but feel too stomach sick... blah. so drinking a lot of water....

Hugs to all.

Jenn
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    When I am sick, I don't have the appetite to eat anything at all. This is just one of those times when you really have to listen to your body. Make sure that what you do eat is nutritious. You might not make it to your calorie goal, but that's OK. You do not want to upset your stomach, get nauseous, or prolong your sickness. And even though I do not advocate drinking sugary drinks normally, if you are throwing up you want to replenish your lost electrolites...reduced sugar Gatorade works well.

I hope you feel better soon!
  • SweetyGirl
    Options
    Are you sick from a virus or flu bug or something? Or, are you sick due to being on a low carb diet and have gone into ketosis? I'm on South Beach and they warn against going too low carb, causing ketosis. Ketosis can act like a stomach flu, with loss of appetite, nausea, tiredness, headache, dizziness, and muscle cramps, among other unpleasant side effects. If that is the case, the advice often given is to get some dairy and some good higher carb foods such as legumes/beans into your daily diet and you will feel better soon.

OTOH, if it's a bug of some sort, be kind to yourself, eat some soup, drink some tea, and get well soon! :flowerforyou:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    When I'm sick I have a couple of hundred extra calories a day until I'm feeling better. If I don't it takes me much longer to get over a cold. I think the body needs a little help to fight off those nasty lurgies.

Hope you feel better soon x