Jamie Eason LiveFit

Options
So, I was planning on starting this next week as I have been looking for a more structured lifting routine. I have been reading reviews and a lot of people say they feel really "big" in Phase 2 from all the muscle building and becuase the lean out process hasn't begun or is just beginning.

My concern is that I am standing up in a wedding on September 28th which would put me in Week 6. I am afraid I won't either fit in my dress or will just look "puffy" in it.

Anyone who is doing this or has done it? What are your opinions? I don't have much to lose anymore...would mainly like to lose body fat and gain muscle. Should I wait a few more weeks to start out? Here are my stats:

Height: 5' 2.5"
Weight: 130

My current routine is weight lifting 3x a week and cardio 2x a week.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    I just started her program this week. I know a woman that did it and she never complained about being too big. In fact, she looks fantastic. I'm not sure of what she looked like before Jamie's program, so I have nothing to compare it to. I don't think lifting makes a woman too big, just stronger. Would like to see what others say though. Good luck with it. I'm loving it so far!
  • swanke17
    swanke17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks! How are you liking the program so far? Are you following her food reccomendations?

Yeah, if it weren't for being in this wedding and worrying about my dress not fitting, I wouldn't be concerned because I know what getting into Phase 3 you lean out so much!!

Good luck!! :)
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I did it to the letter, and although I did get results not nearly as good or as big a change as the marketing material would have you believe. So I wouldn't worry. you can't gain that much muscle in 2-3 months and I found she got me to eat too much, I wish I ate less and leaned out more.
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    I really like it so far. For the most part, I am following her food plan. It's actually very easy, filling and delicious! My husband is following Kris Gethin's program. His is very structured. I can eat a lot more with Jamie's plan. I'm kind of getting her meals out of order though. You can check out my food diary if you'd like.

Funny, I'm going to a wedding as well. Mine isn't until November 9th, so I'll be just about finished with her program. Like you, I really needed to follow a structured workout routine and I can't afford a personal trainer. She is really pushing me with her workouts so far. I'm realizing that I really, really like lifting. Side rant: one trainer at my gym wouldn't help me with a deadlift (said I didn't need it) and now I'm doing deadlifts, chest presses, barbell squats, etc. I can't wait to see what I'll be doing next week. :happy:

Yeah, really liking it so far. Good luck with your decision!
  • swanke17
    Options
    Yeah, I don't expect to be ripped like they always show in pictures! haha! but i like how structured it is and after the 12 weeks, i plan on using it to create my own workout plan.

I think I am just going to go for it! I can't see myself putting on that much muscle or getting that "big" that the dress won't fit...
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I completed the program last year and gained 4.5lbs of lean body mass (I had a hydrostatic body fat test done before and after the program). I only lost about 1lb of fat, so overall I gained weight. I did feel bloated and "puffy" while on the program but I think a lot of that had to do with the diet...protein powder seems to make me bloat as did the 3-4 servings of broccoli I ate per day :)
  • jewel22887
    Options
    My mother is in the wedding business and the general rule of thumb is get your dress to fit right 6 weeks out... if change is needed change it not you... and then don't try to change yourself. There are lots of things to add stress to a wedding. I'm not saying don't keep working out and eating right but be careful not to change too much. Just what I have been told by a woman with lots of wedding experience.
  • swanke17
    Options
    @jewel22887 see that's exactly what i was nervous about. the wedding is sept 28th and i took it in 2 weeks ago and got measured for my fittings.

maybe i should wait...ugh this is frustrating!
  • swanke17
    Options
    @lauren3382 did you feel like your clothes were snug while going through the program before the leaning out phase?

thanks everyone!
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    @lauren3382 did you feel like your clothes were snug while going through the program before the leaning out phase?

thanks everyone!

Sorry for the delayed response! Clothes were definitely a little snug, but I never leaned out like a lot of people do during phase 3. My body fat was already pretty low when I started the program so I didn't have a lot of fat to lose and I didn't want to get to the point where I lost my menstrual cycle. I lost about an inch in my waist, but gained in my thighs and glutes.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 6, so I'm starting week 7 today. I have lost 2 inches from my waist and hips, haven't gained any or lost any in my arms or legs but in pics but they are much more defined (not bigger). Lost 7 lbs so far, I feel a lot less "puffy" than I did 6 weeks ago and my clothes are definitely looser! I started at 187, I'm now 179.8.

ETA: I'm following the workout program as a guide. I'm not following the diet. I am eating 1700 cals per day to stay in a deficit and aiming for 90-110g protein per day and staying within my other macros as close as possible.