Missed period need help!!

Options

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I need some tips please anyone

That's probably what got you into this mess to begin with. Be careful about receiving tips from anyone that isn't a professional.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    preggyzzy2.png
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I fairly certain she wouldn't have had a gallbladder operation 2 weeks ago if she was pregnant. Typically a hospital will do a pregnancy test, especially in this case.
  • Jerijoh
    Jerijoh Posts: 107
    Options
    post in the right spot .I don't think this is a success... and talk to your DR

This
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I fairly certain she wouldn't have had a gallbladder operation 2 weeks ago if she was pregnant. Typically a hospital will do a pregnancy test, especially in this case.

Are you a doctor?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Did you tell your doctors 2 weeks ago when you had your gall bladder removed? You should have. As to now, we don't know. Talk to your doctor.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Are you a doctor?
    I'm pretty sure I agree with Mandy. lol

I had mine out and I knew I wasn't pregnant and they made me do the test, anyway. If the hospital didn't, it's a bad hospital.

I suspect the OP is trolling. Or should I say, I hope so?
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I need some tips please anyone

That's probably what got you into this mess to begin with. Be careful about receiving tips from anyone that isn't a professional.

Ha! "Just the tip"
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Are you a doctor?
    No, I wasn't making a diagnosis, I was just pointing out that doctors ALWAYS ask women if they are or could be pregnant before a procedure.

ETA: I found out I was pregnant from a standard hospital lab test. I had no idea but went in for another treatment and they broke the news to me.
  • rml_16
    Options

Are you a doctor?
    No, I wasn't making a diagnosis, I was just pointing out that doctors ALWAYS ask women if they are or could be pregnant before a procedure.
    And the date of your last period.

Heck, I've had to have some X-rays on my wrist the last few months. I had my tubes tied and my uterine lining burned out in October and they STILL put the lead thingy on my belly just in case.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

Are you a doctor?
    I'm pretty sure I agree with Mandy. lol

I had mine out and I knew I wasn't pregnant and they made me do the test, anyway. If the hospital didn't, it's a bad hospital.

I suspect the OP is trolling. Or should I say, I hope so?

I actually agree with her too, I think I just came across wrong.

My point being that none of us are doctors, so none of us REALLY know what is going on.
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Many things can cause absence of the monthly. Weight loss, under eating, too much weight, too much exercise, too much stress, hormones and/or endocrine system can be out of whack.

You really do need to go to a doc, preferably a gyno as they specialize in that sort of thing. They will tell you that you should not go without a cycle (unless preggers) for no more than 3-6 months depending on the doc in case. I was told it greatly increases cancer risk to not regularly shed your lining.

THey can 'force' start your cycle with meds like provera if need be. Those meds are hard on you, but are probably wise if you go too long.

Now if you are having hormonal/endocrine issues, you might try vitex. It is a natural herb that several times helped me to regulate when I had the problem. But do your research and consider talking to your doc before self treating.

I am a diabetic in remission, and for a while they thought I was polycystic(but I am not). I am also hypothyroid. All of those things played havoc with my cycle for years. Yes, obviously pregnancy causes a cycle to stop, but it is not uncommon to have other issues that stop it. Blood work reveals a lot.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I was told it greatly increases cancer risk to not regularly shed your lining.

That doesn't sound right. If you're not shedding the lining it's because it isn't building up. That's why birth control pills can either drastically reduce flow or stop periods altogether (perfectly healthy) because they prevent the lining from building up in the first place, thus no or lighter periods.

If the OP isn't having periods, she probably isn't building up the lining, either.

Women in modern times have far more periods than women even 100 years ago thanks to birth control and not being constantly pregnant.
  • forthehungergames
    Options
    Birth control :) When you work out A LOT you produce more testosterone and sometimes that prevents you from getting your period (heavy workouts / changes in diet). So see a doctor! : )
    I took a month off of the pill last year when I was working out a ton and not eating enough and and I ended up not getting my period until I started taking the pill again.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    How do you think a group of internet strangers are going help you get your period back? We dont have it.
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    First of all, I just wanted you to know that when I first started my diet I skipped two periods in a row.

I went to the doctor, and I was fine - she just said that going from nothing to starting a strict diet and exercising a lot can cause that to happen. It came back the third month, once my body got in the routine.

You should still go to the doctor, but I thought you might like to hear something from someone that's experienced this.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    This is a common sense question that needs to be addressed at your Dr's office. This thread should not even be here. I agree with sarahharmintx. Thanks for sharing, but we don't have it! Check your Dr's office!
  • JDySart777
    JDySart777 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mrr7xyuzo41sam3oio1_500.gif
  • emcdonie
    emcdonie Posts: 190 Member
    Options

That doesn't sound right. If you're not shedding the lining it's because it isn't building up. That's why birth control pills can either drastically reduce flow or stop periods altogether (perfectly healthy) because they prevent the lining from building up in the first place, thus no or lighter periods.

If the OP isn't having periods, she probably isn't building up the lining, either.

Women in modern times have far more periods than women even 100 years ago thanks to birth control and not being constantly pregnant.

I have had so many docs chastise me on that over the years. It is possible they could be wrong, I consent to that. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen a doc be wrong. Though it probably has been 4-5 of them over the years saying that. I imagine the risk level would directly correlate as the reason for the absence of period.
  • rml_16
    Options

I have had so many docs chastise me on that over the years. It is possible they could be wrong, I consent to that. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen a doc be wrong. Though it probably has been 4-5 of them over the years saying that. I imagine the risk level would directly correlate as the reason for the absence of period.
    I'd say the reason for it is probably more likely than the absence on its own. If there is a medical reason it's not happening, obviously, you need to treat that. Not having a period can be completely benign or the sign of something serious and several things in between.