Fallen and can't get up...

Options
I have fallen so far off the wagon I feel like I can't get back on it. I have gained back half of the weight I lost and I know it was just poor lifestyle choices but now I feel like I just can't... I feel like my job is a huge negative impact on my diet and exercise. I have a desk job and on top of not moving for 8 hours it has become so much more stressful than it was a year ago. I've read all these articles on desk exercises but I work in an open office with VERY negative people and guys walking through all the time so I don't want to look like some weirdo over here doing desk-ercise.... I try to bring healthy food to work but when you got someone sitting not even 5 feet from you munching on a big mac, chicken nuggets, french fries, philly cheese steak... well you get the point. It's so hard to fight the urge to just give up and eat some junk (which, if and when I do, I ALWAYS feel like total crap for the rest of the day) I'm a food-a-holic, I looove it. A little too much it would seem.... I just can't find that motivation/determination. And I know that's something you have to just HAVE. I guess what I'm trying to say is I just feel lost and don't know how to get back to the girl who loved working out and didn't mind taking the extra measures to eat better.... This concludes my pitiful sad little rant.

Replies

• Kandi150
    Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It's the old "I'm sad because I'm fat, I'm fat because I eat, I eat because I'm sad"
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am laying in the ditch right beside you, using motivation of the only one who didn't bare her stomach this weekend at the lake as reason to get out of the ditch and back on the wagon. I took my lunch today and went for a 20 min walk and feel amazing now. Slow but surely you will get there...again..like you have once before
  • jcatwright
    jcatwright Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever replied to anyone before or posted anything, but I wanted to tell you that your not alone. I gained 10 lbs this summer from stress eating and I am so mad at myself I could cry. I brought my workout clothes to work today and for the first time in weeks I brought my lunch. I want today to be the day that I turn this mess I have made around. I know you can too. BE STRONG. get back up and go be great. I know we can..:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Same here. I fell off the wagon after my first 5k in July. I took the week after to rest up and heal, so I just went for a few walks with my mom instead of running, and then the following week my knee hurt so I didn't do anything. Which turned into doing nothing for a third week even though my knee was feeling better, I just got lazy and out of routine.

My aunt is registering us for a 5k next month which gives me something to shoot for. Doing a 5k with someone helps provide motivation to train for it and continue running in the weeks leading up to the race.

Maybe you could find something similar. If you don't run, sign up for some kind of class that begins on some not-too-distant date and work out on your own leading up to it to help prepare.
  • Kandi150
    Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support... After a VERY unhealthy breakfast, I decided it wasn't to late in the day to salvage. One step at a time!
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    *hugs*

It's ok. We all have those times. It's never too late to start fighting again.

The past is done, there's nothing you can do about it, but what you can change is your actions in the future. Just keep swimming, you'll get there :)
  • elaanne
    elaanne Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks for the support... After a VERY unhealthy breakfast, I decided it wasn't to late in the day to salvage. One step at a time!

You're so right, it isn't too late! Who cares if you had a poor breakfast. Have a great lunch! And maybe you can squeeze in a 5 or 10 minute walk. You can do it!
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So you have the choice each DAY to make decisions. Ones that make you happy and feeling great and strong and healthy or ones that leave you feeling crappy and blah. No one but YOU is in charge!!! Decide TODAY to make a go of it today. Things just don't change overnight... it takes time. You didn't gain the weight back over night it was small decisisions that landed you where you are now. So start with some small good decisisions NOW and keep adding to them. You will start to see change if you keep at it. And know that no one is perfect. We all fall and stumble. Those that succeed are the ones that don't give in or give up... they stand back up and go at it AGAIN!!! Cheering you ON!
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    And I see that decisions is spelled wrong and I didn't fix it. LOL
  • mom2kidds
    mom2kidds Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! Most of us have these struggles. I am in awe of those that forge ahead and seem so strong, they are a few bunch. I always think there is a switch within that I just have not located or flipped far enough to get it.

I started back on MFP last Monday, mostly to hold myself accountable each day with logging foods. I did good with that until the weekend and then lost track, back at it today though.

I did join a calisthenics for beginners group on here.... haha didn't do one day... kinda spaced it out. Wow! Now they are on week 2 and I would just feel behind if I try to keep up with them.

I did just go for a walk with the dog, first time in a long time. Now that is my goal- at least one walk a day with the dog. And log food.

I think we need to do what works for us, but do something instead of just thinking about it. Even baby steps are better than no steps.

Good luck!!! You can do something positive each day and get back to this!