looking for a Cheesecake recipe

Options
I'm really in the mood for Cheesecake...anyone have any ideas to make this healthier? I know its going to be bad for me no matter what, but I'm just looking to make it a little less bad for me. =-) Thanks!!

Replies

• MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Lowfat cinnamon grahsm cracker (1)
    1 Tbsp Cream cheese
    1 Tsp Strawberry Jam or preserves

Spread cream cheese on cinnamon graham cracker then jam on top of cream cheese. 1 word.... YUM!!!
    It's what I eat when I want something sweet.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to post the calories : Graham cracker 70 cals , Cream cheese 50 cals, Strawberry jam 50 cals.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    There are italian cheese cakes (torta) made with ricotta cheese cakes. With part skim ricotta a cheese cake might be healthier. I like the crust on these better too but not sure they are healthier. They usually put in golden raisins and pine nuts as I remember.
  • Lilliesmom2010
    Options
    You can always for the FAT FREE cream cheese make your own graham cracker crust with margine and graham crackers and then use a low calorie Sugar Free Jam. I don't know what the calories would be of if it's worth the try. Some things it's actually better to eat the real thing then to eat the fat free version. Sometime it's only a different of like 20 calories... Just eat a smaller slice! :)
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I make what my kids call "cherry desert". Make a graham cracker crumb crust with graham crackers and promise light margarine, bake for 15 minutes and cool. Mix 8 oz no fat cream cheese and no fat cool whip together, spread over graham cracker crust. Spread a can of sugar free cherries on top. I have also used just regular fruit, strawberries, etc. Relatively low cal and it gives the impression of cheesecake. I originally didn't use the no fat, no sugar items and when I changed, my family didn't even notice. They still love it.

If you cut it 10 ways it's 162 calories. Worse case scenario 5 servings 324 calories.
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    Awesome. i'm going to try this.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe for a cheese cake with cream and ricotta cheese:
    http://dietrecipesblog.com/2008/06/16/light-ricotta-cheesecake-recipe-196-calories/
  • chloehippy
    Options
    cheesecake is one of my demons lol, my grandmothers cheescake in particular. i have to try some of these ideas and see if they help with the craving i get from time to time, especially since the holidays are coming, and we always have cheesecake at our celebrations...
  • sueburch
    Options
    This is a wonderful Cheesecake for the holidays... :heart:

Sugar Free Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust

Yield: 16 servings

Crust:
    1 ¼ cups gingersnap crumbs
    3 tablespoon Equal (4 ½ packets)
    3 tablespoon soft margarine, melted

Filling:
    3 packages (8 ounces each) light cream cheese, softened
    1 ¼ cups Equal (30 packets)
    2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    2 eggs
    2 egg whites
    2 tablespoon corn starch
    2 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
    1 cup reduced fat sour cream
    2 tablespoons Equal (3 packets)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Make crust by mixing gingersnap crumbs, 3 tablespoons Equal and margarine. Press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; leave oven on. Cool crust on wire rack while preparing filling. For filling, beat cream cheese, Equal (1 ¼ cups), cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in large bowl with mixer on medium speed. Mix in pumpkin until combined. Beat in eggs and egg whites until well blended. Mix in cornstarch and 2-teaspoon vanilla until blended. Spoon cheesecake mixture over crust. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center is just set. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Combine sour cream, Equal (2 tablespoons), and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Gently spread over top of cheesecake. Return to oven and bake 3 to 4 minutes until sour cream mixture is set. Remove cheesecake to wire rack and cool completely. Chill at least 4 hours before.

Here is the link... http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1662,137189-245199,00.html It just says: 41% calorie reduction from traditional recipe. It doesn't give calories per serving.
  • AngelaTucker
    AngelaTucker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Here's a "cheesecake" recipe I recently came up with if you don't mind using artificial sweeteners. My husband and I love it!

Angela's Cheesecake Cups

8 tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
    8 oz. fat free cream cheese at room temperature
    1/2 -3/4 cup Splenda
    8 oz. fat free cool whip
    1 small box cheesecake flavored pudding mix
    1 cup +/- fat free half-and-half
    1 tsp. almond flavoring (optional)
    1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
    sugar free cherry or blueberry pie filling sweetened w/ Splenda (optional)

Sprinkle 1 tbsp. of crumbs each in the bottom of 8 single serve dessert dishes. Cream cream cheese with a fork; add in Splenda until creamy. Add a little bit of the half-and-half at a time, blending well after each addition, until all has been added. Next, add pudding mix & flavorings. Fold in cool whip. Spoon mixture into dessert dishes. Spoon pie filling over the top. Refrigerate until chilled--if you can wait that long! Enjoy! I think I put this in the data base, but that calorie count does not include pie filling. 1/8 can of the cherry would add about 30 more calories.
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    LOW FAT/LOW CALORIE CHOCOLATE-AMARETTO
    CHEESECAKE

6 chocolate wafers, finely crushed
    1 1/2 c. light process cream cheese
    1 c. sugar
    1 c. 1% low-fat cottage cheese
    1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
    1/4 c. all-purpose flour
    1/4 c. Amaretto
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 egg
    2 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate MINI morsels
    Chocolate curls (optional)

Sprinkle chocolate wafer crumbs in bottom of a 7 or 8 inch springform pan. Set aside.
    Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cream cheese and next 7 ingredients, processing until smooth. Add egg and process just until blended. Fold in chocolate morsels.

Slowly pour mixture over crumbs in pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 65 to 70 minutes or until cheesecake is set. Let cool in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Remove sides of pan and transfer cheesecake to a serving platter. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired. Yield: 12 servings (about 200 calories each). Protein 6.8/Fat 7.9/Carbohydrates 26.1/Cholesterol 36.

Chocolate-Mint Cheesecake: Substitute 1/4 cup creme de menthe for Amaretto.
  • cischo104
    cischo104 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cherry Cheesecake Recipe

Ingredients
    4 Graham Crackers
    1 Package Cheesecake Pudding (sugar free/fat free) prepared
    1 Can Cherry Pie Filling (no sugar added)
    Cool Whip Topping

Crush graham crackers into crumbs. Divide equally into 4 parfait cups. Divide equally the prepared cheesecake pudding as the next layer into each of the 4 cups. Next add 1/3 cup of the pie filling as the next layer in each cup. Top with one serving of cool whip. Voila, low fat and low sugar cheesecake!

Makes 4 servings

Nutritional Info
    • Servings Per Recipe: 4
    • Amount Per Serving
    • Calories: 179.2
    • Total Fat: 1.4 g
    • Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
    • Sodium: 414.7 mg
    • Total Carbs: 27.8 g
    • Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
    • Sugar 8.4 g
    • Protein 1.0 g
    :smile:
  • heatherfess
    Options
    If you google "body for life strawberry cheesecake" you will get a recipe for an amazing fat free cheesecake! I just made one the other night, its yummy! I believe there's only 120 Calories in each slice, try it out!
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I've tried this one and it's great..enjoy

Vanilla cheesecake with cherry topping:

We use the entire vanilla bean, so none of it is wasted: The seeds flavor the cheesecake, and the bean halves flavor the topping.

Up to two months ahead: Both the cheesecake and the topping can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored separately in the refrigerator. Or make the cheesecake up to 2 months ahead and freeze. Before freezing, chill the cooled cheesecake in the pan for 2 hours; then wrap pan in a heavy-duty plastic wrap. Thaw the cheesecake in the refrigerator.

Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice cheesecake and about 2 tablespoons topping)
    Ingredients
    CRUST:
    3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    2 teaspoons water
    Cooking spray

FILLING:
    3 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened
    2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
    1 cup sugar
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 (8-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
    4 large eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise

TOPPING:
    2/3 cup tawny port or other sweet red wine
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 (10-ounce) bags frozen pitted dark sweet cherries
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    4 teaspoons cornstarch
    4 teaspoons water
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 400°.

To prepare crust, combine first 3 ingredients, tossing with a fork. Add 2 teaspoons water; toss with a fork until moist and crumbly. Gently press mixture into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes; cool on a wire rack.

Reduce oven temperature to 325°.

To prepare filling, beat cheeses with a mixer at high speed until smooth. Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Add to cheese mixture; beat well. Add sour cream; beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean; stir seeds into cheese mixture, reserving bean halves.

Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan; bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cheesecake center barely moves when pan is touched. Remove cheesecake from oven; run a knife around outside edge. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.

To prepare topping, combine port, 1/2 cup sugar, cherries, and reserved vanilla bean halves in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until cherries are thawed and mixture is syrupy. Remove vanilla bean halves; discard.

Combine juice, cornstarch, and 4 teaspoons water, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Stir cornstarch mixture into cherry mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and shiny. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Cover and chill. Serve over cheesecake.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    324 (30% from fat)
    Fat:
    10.7g (sat 6.1g,mono 3.2g,poly 0.7g)
    Protein:
    12.2g
    Carbohydrate:
    42.8g
    Fiber:
    1g
    Cholesterol:
    83mg
    Iron:
    0.8mg
    Sodium:
    458mg
    Calcium:
    134mg
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    BUmp It!
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/chocolate-orange-cheesecakes/61855.html

I like this recipe from Giada on the Food Network. It's an Oreo crust (I use the 100 calorie crisps, half sugar/half Splenda, and reduced fat cream cheese and ricotta cheese) But the concept is to use a muffin tin to make 12 mini cheesecakes, so if you use other cheesecake recipes it should work too! Less bake time (about 30 min instead of an hour) and perfect portion sizes to make it easy to count cals.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I make a cheesecake that everyone says rivals cheesecake factory, but it's not healthy so I can't help ya' :laugh: I'm making a bunch for my DD"s bake sale at school and the school carnival. It will be hard to not take a piece for myself LOL :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    bump~LOVE cheesecake!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I use a regular cheesecake recipe with the sour cream spread on top but switch stuff out for healthier ingredients

1 pkg fat free and 1 pkg of reduced fat cream cheese for the usual 2 pkg full fat ones
    splenda for baking instead of sugar
    fat free sour cream for topping.

My crust was alittle testy, but i ended up grinding up almonds and rolled oats in the food processor and replaced the flour with the same amount of this mixture...also used egg substitute and extra light olive oil for the butter