weight fluctuation

Options
Morning everyone,

I find it really hard to say how much I weigh. I stand on the scales at the same time in the mornings wearing the same (nothing!), and my weight fluctuates between 11.8st and 11.12st. Can anyone tell me why this is, and what it making it change so drastically?

Thank you, Amy xx

Replies

• SkinnySkelton
    Options
    Are you weighing every day? If you are that will be why, Your weight will constantly change each day, thats why its best to pick a day and stick with it. That way you always know where you are and don't end up getting annoyed if you gain and lose.

Hope that helps!

x
  • crasula
    crasula Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily too and don't believe there is any harm in it if you're tracking the results (through the report function of MPS) over a longer period of time such as a week for example.
    When weighing yourself daily just remember to be consistent. E.g. Same time, without clothing, after going to the toilet, without drinking a coffee or eating anything etc.
    If you're consistent you won't see such huge fluctuations. The consistency should also carry through with your eating the day before. For example if you normally eat at 7 in the evening and suddenly go out for a late night meal, the impact of this is obviously going to carry through to your next day weigh in.
    As long as you're aware of the difference in your patterns you should be able to predict the impact of a large meal or a big work out on your body. In your case you should be able to feel the difference in yourself physically of 4lbs in a few days, just keep tracking it and maybe review your diet too.
    Good luck ;)
  • amyfatty
    Options
    Thank you guys,

I am pretty consistent with things, but I shall try to weight in just once a week so I don't get so annoyed when it fluctuates upwards!

Amy xx
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    I only record once a week and TRY to only weigh once a week for the most part. I always weigh first thing in the morning for my tracking. However I have occasionally hopped on in the evening and once I started seeing this I experimented and started checking it almost daily the past week or so. Without fail I am 3 pounds heavier before bed than I am upon awakening! Why is that? I know it isnt a big deal but curiosity has me wondering about the science behind it :)