New to Loose

Options
Hi I am 23 years old and weigh 185lb. I want to loose the pounds to feel better when I look in the mirror. I have a huge sweet tooth and have tried a few diets. I am curently eatting 500 more calories that I should. I come from a family that make it seem ok to over indulge in food. All of my family is grossly over weight and I want to put a stop to it befor I have children.

I work as a nanny and it is the worst thing when a three year old tells you he loves you because you are soft and squishy to lay on.

My insperation it my husband. If I show him that I can do it he will try too.
My family. Put a stop to the obes train.
My future. Live a long healthy life were I dont get winded after riding my bike for 5 min.
My past. If I can change how I view myself I wont be who I was before.

Replies

• bellanean
    Options
    Welcome! You will find great support here, great goals!!!!!

Btw loose is when something is too big, lose is when your getting rid of something.
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do it... and this is a great place to start! Lots of information, and a network of awesome people to cheer you on to success! If you need a buddy, I'm here! :-)
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! We are all here for you! And congrats on the first step of knowing you need to change and making the decision to do so! Best of luck to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessicajm
    Options
    Welcome! I hear you on the squishy part! My son's "security" is pinching/poking the flab on my arm! He does it every time he is tired. My Hubby has tried to take my place but he wants Mommy's arm.
    You can do it!
  • KariNich85
    Options
    Great goals and inspiration! Good luck to you and welcome to MFP!
  • nataliestout
    Options
    I am new to this site too, welcome!
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You're definitely in the right place to accomplish your goals!! This website is awesome - the tools and the support are unbelievable!! You can do this - and what a fantastic example you'll be setting for your family!! WTG for taking the first step!! =)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is a great website and resource. And, the added bonus is the wonderful support you receive from everyone. Whether it be new to loose or new to lose -- either way is a win. :smile: :wink:

Please feel free to request me to be a friend (click on my name and go to my page). Good luck in your journey.