Eating Clean and Focus T25 + 1 Cheat Day

Options
charm120
charm120 Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Okay so here's the thing. I'm 18, female. 5'1, 117 lbs. My calories goal is 1200 and exercise 5x a week. I'm a little heavier right now because I went to the gym for the first time last Saturday and I'm so sore so I believe that's why I'm heavier at the moment. I really want to lose fat.

I've been on and off in MFP because I dont have any buddies. :( I really want to make some friends here :)

So last week I just started Focus T25. I eat clean most of the time and I was planning to not have a cheat day. I tried not to have it because maybe it's holding me back. But earlier today I was going insane. Like I was really craving sugar. Ice cream, chocolate. The cravings attacked yesterday but I decided to ignore it and I ended up eating 1800+ calories of healthy foods. I thought it would be gone today but it wasn't so I just decided to give in. Ate chocolate and ice cream and I am very satisfied and happy. A whole lot motivated to workout and eat clean tomorrow.

So thats why I decided to have a cheat day once a week. I'd go for a cheat meal but that wouldnt be sufficient for me so I go for the cheat day.

Tomorrow I'm back on track. Sticking on my T25 schedule and eat clean.

I did Insanity last May. I finished Month 1 and half of month 2. I NEVER lost weight but I lost inches. My friends noticed too so I guess even when I'm not losing weight it's still working. Plus my clothes were loose too.

But it's still not enough. I wanna lose more.

So I just need some advice.

Will eating 1200 cal of clean food 6x a week and working out 5-6x a week + 1 cheat day help me lose fat? Is there anything I should change to help me lose fat? I dont rely on the scale anymore as they seem very inaccurate. Like my experience with Insanity. Lost inches but not weight. If I do measure my scale I'm afraid it just might frustrate me so I dont.

Please give me advice that would be very much appreciated. I'm totally on my own here, I've no support from anyone. I hope I can find some buddies here. Thanks guys :)

Replies

• Denisse210
    Denisse210 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    hey there, i am not too experienced with weight lose but what i would suggest is to look up how many cals u should be eating just to make sure ur ok.

I also have a bad sweet tooth (to the point i had to have a root canal, just saying lol) so i bought a bag of kisses and my coworkers hold it in their locked desks. I am only allowed one kiss a day. Its helped reduce my cravings. :)

i started t25 on 8/19
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Why does eating chocolate and ice cream have to be cheating? If you fit it into your calories and macros, you can eat them every day, or every other day, and you won't have to sit through cravings all week, torture yourself, and try not to binge. Makes a lot more sense to me...
This discussion has been closed.