14 Weeks to Christmas Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• slinky29
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 167 (2lbs down)
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 166
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1? I had one jaffa cake, but generally proud I stopped at one :)

Looking forward to starting this weeks challange tonight, good luck everyone for the next week.

Emz
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I'm happy to report that I reached my goal this week!! :smile: Although not as easy as I expected. :frown:
    I'm at 7.8 today!!
    So 1lb lost!! :happy:
    Next weeks goal is to maintain... This will be tricky as I'm on holiday as from Sunday and will have to eat out a lot and also I don't know if there will be a scale at the hotel? Maybe they'll have one in the gym? Might have trouble weighing in.
    Either way I'll do my best and stick to a pretty strict eating plan and keep within my calorie allowance.
    Chocolate... I managed to resist the diabetic chocolate completely. :bigsmile:
    I have not had a single piece. BUT I did have a home made chocolate flavoured protein shake and an Atkins day break bar with chocolate chips :grumble: Time was short and had to eat something :noway:
    I have been doing Atkins for a few weeks so I have been very limited in my treats :sad: - no biscuits, cakes, ice cream or sweets so the sugar free chocolate was a big one to stop!!
    But I managed it and only 2 little slips up, so I think I did OK-ish!! :huh:
    I'm going to carry on with the no chocolate rule until Sunday when were on holiday, minimum.
    I'm hoping to pretty much banish 'real' chocolate from my diet, Its been nearly a month as I've done a detox, then 2.5 weeks of Atkins and now I'm doing another detox, then none till Sunday minimum.
    To be honest I'm not missing real chocolate now, I've kind of got it out of my system but I do love chocolate flavoured things.
    I'll try to only eat diabetic chocolate from now on.
    I'm also giving up biscuits, except my oat ginger biscuits, which are super low cals and one with a cup of tea is a good tool for me to have (only 55cals) and can really hold me till the next meal.
    So this is my aim, not just this week but as part of my maintenance plan.
    This week I will do an extra 50 sit ups every night. I love sit ups and will enjoy this challenge.
    To make it harder for me I'll do 2 minutes non stop sit ups, I can do about 100 in a minute, this should make it tougher for me as 50 will be too easy. There is no point in me challenging myself to something that's too easy, no challenge at all!! But 2 minutes without stopping will get me burning!! So this will be my challenge this week.

It's so cool to read everyone's progress and see SO many people focusing on their goals and trying their best, just think how many calories we have save collectively this week!! I also think it's great that we're planning this far ahead, normally people plan for Christmas parties only with a few weeks to go, but this way we can really get in shape. Thanks again to Bikini Mission and Mimi for setting this up xxx
    What a Fabulous idea xxxx :flowerforyou:

Good luck to everyone xxx :wink:
    WE CAN DO THIS!!! :tongue:
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 152 (maintained)
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK:151
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1: No!!! accidentally ate a chocolate croissant ..didnt think til i had eaten it! so i will be doing sit -ups and no choc for this week!!!

LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 201.5
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 200

I am hoping what I gained is muscle since I have been working out more and walking over 4 miles a day.
    I haven't cheated so it must be that or not enough water, I do drink over 64 oz .:drinker:

I can not do sit ups or crunches as I have neck issues BUT I will do extra leg lifts. I did not have any
    chocolate as I do not like it..that is right the only female on the planet that doesn't like chocolate!!! So I
    did a challange of NO CANDY instead.
    Good Luck everyone!!
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Ok, so like I posted earlier, I did cheat with the chocolate, but I have been super good since the weekend. I am on day 3 of my detox so my numbers were pretty low this morning.

Weight:: 143.2 ( down from 147)

My Goal this week: is to lose 1lbs. ( 142.2) but I would even be happy just staying at this weight next week!

Bring on the next challenge!!

Good luck everyone!!
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Ok here's my update:

My goal was 1lb and I was so close but not a full pound.

Starting weight: 172

Todays weight: 171.4 (darn those 4 ounces!)

Next weeks goal: 170 and gosh darn it I will hit it!!!

I knocked out my 50 sit ups today and let me tell you, that last set of 10 was HARD!
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Oh and no I blew the chocolate challenge. :sad: I have to have my coffee and the only way I like it is with hot chocolate mixed in. :drinker:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Can I still join this challenge? Please let me know.

Thanks.

I don't know if anyone answered you yet, but I don't see why not :smile: There have been lots of people join after it started. Welcome!!
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    oh, I"m adding no chocolate to my week as well!! Going to be tough, but if I can get through this detox than I can do anything! lol..
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Long time no speak.. im still around....

... so i wont be weighing in this week... but..
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 147lbs
    TARGET FOR NEXT WEEK: 146lbs

Katherine xx
  • Peridotite
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 147
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 146
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1?! If you failed - how and why did you fail, come on it's confession time! I knew would fail before I even began. It was "that time" and I didn't deny myself the craving. But since I lost 3 pounds I don't feel bad. I will do the sit-ups, starting tonight, promise.
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 234.6
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 232
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1?! YEP

Goal 2.4/20
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Update from yesterday's post:

WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 270 >:( stayed the same
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 268

Really getting on myself about my food. I need to clean it up and get it together. I honestly can't say I'm surprised I didn't lose. Next week is a different story.

Did 40 crunches yesterday so I'm nice and warmed up for the challenge starting today!
  • hayleyc5
    hayleyc5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 177 wohooo!
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 175
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1? Yup managed to avoid the good stuff!

Looking forward to the sit ups this week...

Well done everyone for all your hard work this week guys! Bring on week 2!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 217 (i know I gained a lb. I know what i did, so i shouldn't do it this coming week.)
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 214
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1? Not really, I have granola at my desk that have choc-90 cals. ea.

I did do situps last night, yey! It is time to kick into gear this week! XXXX
  • fischro
    fischro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I made a promise to my husband to make sure I got out of bed in the morning even if I don't want to. Well he did just that this morning. At the time I was not happy at all, just wanted to sleep and justified doing it tonight like I always do. Well tonight would come and I wouldn't do it. So thanks hubby for being my motivation! I got up and did 50 min of cardio!
  • fischro
    fischro Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh and 2 days of 50 sit ups!! Love this challenge and I even posted it on my board at work to motivate my co workers on a weekly basis!
  • Raina0512
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 122.4 --> GAINED two lbs! Grrr! It's going to be a long 14 weeks! :explode:
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK: 120.0 ---> Gotta get my head right!!!
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1: Hell no. :grumble: Damn Hershey's bar was staring at me while I was in the check-out line at my grocery store...
  • SWgal
    SWgal Posts: 62
    Options
    This sounds great!

Count me in!

I like: Being outdoors, laughing, cuddling with my dog or my boyfriend
    I don't like: Traffic
    Current typical or usual exercise: Joggin 3x per week, yoga, some weight training
    Current Starting Weight: 156lbs
    Aim for next week: 153lbs
    Personal 14 week Goal: 142lbs
  • cherries1971
    cherries1971 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT THIS WEEK: 150
    AIM FOR NEXT WEEK:149
    WHETHER YOU MANAGED A FULL WEEK WITHOUT CHOCOLATE IN WEEK 1: yes!! not a bit of chocolate passed my lips. And i lost 2lb. yay bonus! :D xxxx