Trying something new

Options
I'd been using a different tracker on and off for a couple of years and it has never changed so I thought that maybe I should.
I'm 22 and about 220 right now and at 5'6" the doctor makes sure to let you know that you're obese... almost at the morbidly obese line... 2 years ago I was 241 so I've made some progress but I feel like I'm sitting on a yo yo. In May I was 205 and have now plateaued 15 pounds higher. It seems so much harder to stay fit when I'm home from college. When I'm at school I exercise, eat right.... everything I'm supposed to. The minute I come home it's as if I eat the whole house just for the fun of doing it. I go back to school on August 26th.. My mom and I are taking a road trip to Florida in January and I told her that if I'm not 199 than I'm not going.. only, she doesn't drive... so I have to drive which means I have to be 199. I want to be 175 by memorial day for our vacation in North Carolina and then eventually 150-160. I know it's over the ideal weight, but I'd be happy with it. 3 smaller goals to try and trick myself into finally shedding this weight without feeling like it's impossible. 15 pounds at a time. That's all it will take...

Now that I've babbled on lol... Thanks for reading and good luck everyone!

Replies

• keekolee414
    keekolee414 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd been using a different tracker on and off for a couple of years and it has never changed so I thought that maybe I should.
    I'm 22 and about 220 right now and at 5'6" the doctor makes sure to let you know that you're obese... almost at the morbidly obese line... 2 years ago I was 241 so I've made some progress but I feel like I'm sitting on a yo yo. In May I was 205 and have now plateaued 15 pounds higher. It seems so much harder to stay fit when I'm home from college. When I'm at school I exercise, eat right.... everything I'm supposed to. The minute I come home it's as if I eat the whole house just for the fun of doing it. I go back to school on August 26th.. My mom and I are taking a road trip to Florida in January and I told her that if I'm not 199 than I'm not going.. only, she doesn't drive... so I have to drive which means I have to be 199. I want to be 175 by memorial day for our vacation in North Carolina and then eventually 150-160. I know it's over the ideal weight, but I'd be happy with it. 3 smaller goals to try and trick myself into finally shedding this weight without feeling like it's impossible. 15 pounds at a time. That's all it will take...

Now that I've babbled on lol... Thanks for reading and good luck everyone!
  • mel_0211
    Options
    The small goals are what make the whole thing possible. Once you meet that first goal, then the next one seems easier and so forth. It's what we all have to do or we would drive ourselves crazy trying to meet a goal of 50 or 100 pounds or whatever. I wish you luck! Having those vacations out there as your rewards is great motivation.