Take THAT, 10k!!!

Options
I can't believe it...I have just run 10km.

At 9.5km, the unthinkable happened. No word of a lie...AN OXFAM FUNDRAISER TRIED TO STOP ME IN THE STREET.

Imagine being in the last 500m of the longest distance you have managed yet, preparing to come off the last bend...visualising a grandstand of everyone that matters grinning at you and clapping and waving. You go into the zone to hit your stride...and now, imagine doing all of this only to have a student with a ponytail approach you with a clipboard and utter the immortal words...

..."Excuse me?"

Reader, do you know what I did?

I kept running, spread my arms wide, looked him straight in the eye and said, "DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A GOOD TIME?".

And the worst irony of all...this morning, I dropped a bag of goods off at the Oxfam shop. No, really. REALLY.

Anyway, drama over, even charity wasn't going to stop this one. As I've double my distance goal in about half the time I thought it would tak me to do it, I suppose it's time to see how fast I can do it now...

Replies

• marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    nice story, keep on running......
  • KGill67
    KGill67 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    LOVE your response to the Oxfam guy!

Congrats on the 10k - that must have felt fantastic. I've done 9.2, and am aiming for 10k this Friday (the 9.2 was an accident - I underestimated my route distance. I was supposed to stop at 8k). I've found that I really enjoy the longer distances - who knew?

Keep on running!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    LOVE your response to the Oxfam guy!

Congrats on the 10k - that must have felt fantastic. I've done 9.2, and am aiming for 10k this Friday (the 9.2 was an accident - I underestimated my route distance. I was supposed to stop at 8k). I've found that I really enjoy the longer distances - who knew?

Keep on running!

LOL, thank you - if you've accidentally done 9.2 then 10 should come just as easy ;-)

I was expecting the Oxfam 'crew' to turn up at my house after I'd finished. It would have been so tempting to open the door to them, still red-faced and sweating, and say something like, "Try me". :D
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 10k! I just ran my first 8k race on Sunday, and now want to step up to a 10k AND be able to run it without any walk breaks.
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Way to go Red!!! That's fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!