Where are the Jazzercisers?

Options
downeyek
downeyek Posts: 41 Member
Hey all Jazzy ladies (and gents) out there! I'd love to connect with you! Send me a friend request.

I absolutely LOVE Jazzercise. I joined in February this year and then two weeks after joining, I fell down a flight of stairs and broke my tailbone (OUCH!) I was out for 6 weeks. When I came back, I really appreciated being able to modify my moves and do the ab work standing up. Well, here we are 4 months later and I am STRONG and (almost) pain-free. I've lost 25 pounds, I go to Jazzercise 5-6 times a week and own three of the DVDs. I've had several instructors approach me about teaching! My goal would be to give Jazzercise a full year (so March) before I decide to switch to instructing.

Anyone out there feel the same? Any instructors with some advice?

Replies

• mist10061980
    Options
    I start Jazz in Feb too!! Nearing my 150 class fit club tshirt :) I've thought about becoming an instructor, but its really expensive :( i had the lady doing the evaluations for instructors ask me to consider becoming an instructor. I'd like to go a while and lose more before I decide to even TRY to get through a whole class and cue..
  • jjeddy
    jjeddy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love Jazzercise. Only get to go 3-4 times a week, but just love it. It's the only workout I have found that I enjoy and will stick with. Was just out for a month because of an injury and vacation. Just got back and felt like I never left. Wonderful group of ladies who just love to dance.
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it. I go 3-4 times a week as well coupled with walking/hiking for weight loss. If someone has approached you about becoming an instructor, consider doing the evaluation. At my studio, they do the evaluations 4 times (ish) a year, and the evaluation is done at a regular class (and free!). The studio owner gave me feedback that helped me - I didn't move on to the next level, but I think that since then I've lost a lot of weight and might give it a go again! Best of luck!
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just took advantage of the three dvds. and bag for $12.99 plus shipping. I can't wait for them to get here so I don't have an excuse no more why I cant workout.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    FYI, Jazzercise is having a promotion through Sept 3: no fee to join if you commit to 12 months, and the first month is free. I just signed up! I did a Groupon promotion in the spring and found to to be an effective and fun workout, and I've been missing it ever since my Groupon expired. They have a TON of locations (e.g. it's offered in 27 different places within 10 miles of my house) and it's very inexpensive compared to other fitness classes.
  • PamTheMom
    PamTheMom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I joined Jazzercise a month ago and love it. I was looking for something both my elderly mother-in-law and I could enjoy together and this is perfect. She goes at her own pace and everyone keeps an eye on her. Other members help her with the standup moves, make her feel welcome, help her get the lightest hand weights etc... It is awesome. I used to Jazzercise with my own mom back when I was a teenager. Now that my MIL is living with me, this gives us an outing and a workout.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I joined Jazzercise a month ago and love it. I was looking for something both my elderly mother-in-law and I could enjoy together and this is perfect. She goes at her own pace and everyone keeps an eye on her. Other members help her with the standup moves, make her feel welcome, help her get the lightest hand weights etc... It is awesome. I used to Jazzercise with my own mom back when I was a teenager. Now that my MIL is living with me, this gives us an outing and a workout.

That's one of the things I love about Jazzercise. In my neighborhood most of the fitness classes are attended entirely by young, affluent, fit white women. Jazzercise, on the other hand, attracts women of all races, ages, sizes, and abilities. It's really inspiring to see the elderly doing it alongside me!