1300 calorie day-suggestions

Options
Hi all! Those of you who follow a pretty strict 1300 calorie day--what do your daily foods look like? Can you please list some common daily foods/bfasts, lunches and dinners to equal 1300 calories?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    If you input the foods that you enjoy eating and want to eat each day into your food log, MFP calculates the totals for you. Play around with the portion sizes and you'll get the hang of it. :flowerforyou:
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1300 calories for the past month and will usually log in all of my food first thing in the morning/around lunch.

Breakfast - I choose not to eat breakfast.
    Lunch - Today I had Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles, 37 Gold fish crackers, a hard boiled egg, and a granny smith apply for a total of 310 calories.
    Supper - Roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes, and corn niblets for a total of 410 calories.
    Snacks - unsure yet - still debating whether I'll be walking to get myself a Tim Hortons Iced Cappaccino, which is 230 calories.
    I have 580 calories still left in the day. Usually I am under my 1300 by 10-400 calories depending on how busy I was that day and exactly what I have eaten. I also do not log my 75-120 minute hike with the dog as I choose not to eat back those calories and I feel that mfp is most likely wrong on the calories.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    I've been eating 1300 calories for the past month and will usually log in all of my food first thing in the morning/around lunch.

Lunch - Today I had Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles, 37 Gold fish crackers, a hard boiled egg, and a granny smith apply for a total of 310 calories.
    Supper - Roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes, and corn niblets for a total of 410 calories.
    Snacks - unsure yet - still debating whether I'll be walking to get myself a Tim Hortons Iced Cappaccino, which is 230 calories.
    I have 580 calories still left in the day. Usually I am under my 1300 by 10-400 calories depending on how busy I was that day and exactly what I have eaten. I also do not log my 75-120 minute hike with the dog as I choose not to eat back those calories and I feel that mfp is most likely wrong on the calories.

Bet your grumpy
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    most mornings i have an english muffin w/cheese and a piece of turkey sausage and an eggbeater on it.
    lunch is 4 oz of chicken and some veggies
    dinner is 4 to 8 ounces of salmon and some veggies
    and i have roughly 400 calories for snacks which i generally do "kind" bars or bagel thins and laughing cow cheese :)

there are lots of ways to mix it up though- i love steamed carrots broccoli and cauliflower though - fills me up and not a bunch of calories
    feel free to add me
  • nainai0585
    Options

Bet your grumpy

I was at 1200, but since upping it by 100 I feel more energetic and able to keep up with my potty training toddler and my 7 yr old. But thanks for assuming....this is a great quality in someone and one to be greatly valued.
  • mellenorris
    mellenorris Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Straight up copy/paste from the same question I participated in last week:

I aim for 1300. I think my diary is open? Though be warned, I only log thoroughly on my bad days! My clean days I don't worry about logging since I more or less go for the same thing every day and know what's safe. Here are my go-to meals:

BREAKFAST:
    - smoothie with berries, mango, whatever. Scoop of protein powder. V8 energy juice to blend. Usually comes out to just under 300 calories
    - low fat yogurt + Cascadia Farms granola (of everything I've tried, this brand always keeps me full), handful of berries. Also just under 300 calories
    - .33 cup rolled oats + .5 cup almond milk + 1 teasp brown sugar + cinnamon + pear. Under 200 calories, sometimes higher depending on how big the pear is or if I've got a sweet tooth for more sugar

LUNCH/SNACKS (pasta salad is the only thing I'll make a meal of, otherwise I tend to snack lunch):
    - veggie pasta salad. Veggie noodles, olives, broccoli, artichoke, whatever other veggie tickles my fancy. Usually under 400 calories - olive oil is the culprit, here
    - a big 'ole tupperware of snap peas and carrots, with a side of Kraft's "anything" ("everything?") roasted tomato dressing. Sometimes I just want to snack. This fits the bill. Under 100 calories
    - apples
    - Quest bars, LUNA bars (only bringing one bar to work, or I'll totally nom down more than one). 150-300 calories depending

DINNER (this is where I spend my calories!)
    - burger, no bun, avocado, A1 sauce. YUM. Like I would have this every day if it were practical
    - baked chicken salad with cashews, mandarin oranges... some sort of vinegar dressing - LIGHTLY used!
    - baked veggie platter - beets are our fave
    - sweet potato!
    - huge bowl of broccoli
    - taco salad
    - eggs sunny side up with avocado on an english muffin (also qualifies for breakfast I suppose, but worthless when you're on the go which is a requirement for my breakfasts!)

These can be sub-par meals for some... but what can I say, I'm fresh out of college and perfectly happy to throw a steamfresh bag of broccoli in the microwave for dinner on lazy nights! This stuff is always in my fridge and is more or less what I eat every week :) good luck!
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1300. My diary is open so just take a browse. I do eat back exercise cals though!
  • LJSmith1989
    Options

Bet your grumpy

I was at 1200, but since upping it by 100 I feel more energetic and able to keep up with my potty training toddler and my 7 yr old. But thanks for assuming....this is a great quality in someone and one to be greatly valued.

Ouch right where it hurts.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I usually do steel cut oats in the morning along with a protein drink
    Lots of Eggs or tuna fruit combinations for lunch
    supper is usually lean meat and veggies and fruit for snacks. If you stay with cleaner eating and less processed food you can stay around 1300 pretty easily. Just make sure you are getting a good balance.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

If you normally have 100-400 calories left at the end of the day, you aren't eating 1300 calories. And if you have a 75 minute hike with the dogs each day on top of eating so little, you're not even close to netting a healthy amount. Seriously, eat more so your body has fuel.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Bet your grumpy

Losing muscle mass too I imagine.

Seriously .... you eat back ZERO calories because MFP is likely inflated? Yes, I agree MFP is likely inflated ..... but wouldn't 50% of MFP's number be closer than zero?
  • nainai0585
    Options

If you normally have 100-400 calories left at the end of the day, you aren't eating 1300 calories. And if you have a 75 minute hike with the dogs each day on top of eating so little, you're not even close to netting a healthy amount. Seriously, eat more so your body has fuel.

1) I wrote between 10-400, not 100-400
    2) I choose to eat at a deficit to loose the weight - calories in vs. calories out
    3) I take 1 mulit vitamin and 1 DHA vitamin a day, which boosts or supplies my body with any nutrients I do not have enough of or lack completely.
    4) I wrote that I choose not to eat back my hiking as I strongly believe mfp has the numbers wrong.
    5) I have fluctuated my calories between 1200-1500 over the past 5 months and have found that 1300 is the magic number for MY body and MY lifestyle.

(Not Sarcastic) - Thank-you for not assuming but instead questioning me. THIS is the quality that is best suited for any conversation, whether online/in person/over the phone.
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am short so I try and stay between 1100-1300 and burn at least 400 calories 5x week.

My meals normally look like this:

normal Breakfast meals
    -organic eggs
    -smoothie with protein powder, whatever fruit I have in the freezer, almond milk, maybe yogurt (just whatever I have available)
    -no fat banana bread
    -Old fashioned oats with natural peanut butter and raisins!
    -Whole wheat English muffing with almond butter
    -greek yogurt
    -fruit

Lunches ( I am usually at the office)
    -sandwiches
    -wraps
    -fruits
    -healthy chicken salad or pasta salad

Dinners (these are my normal dinner staples)
    -lean meat
    -lots of veggies

Snacks
    -nothing with too many calories.

I try not to eat too many carbs towards the end of the day, I feel like it kinda weighs me down. Anything can really work in a 1300 calorie diet as long as you plan it out!

Feel free to add me for more support, the more support and motivation the better!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I got hunger pains just reading this.

OP: I have no suggestions for you (Since I'd have to subtract a meal to make 1300, and I doubt you're interesting in 3/4-2/3) of my daily menu), aside from listening to the lovely lady who responded first. Eat what you normally eat, just play with the portion size to make it fit.
  • nainai0585
    Options

Bet your grumpy

Seriously .... you eat back ZERO calories because MFP is likely inflated? Yes, I agree MFP is likely inflated ..... but wouldn't 50% of MFP's number be closer than zero?

This is what I have been told: My leg are amazing and look great in a skirt/shorts; my back is well muscled and looks great; my arms are great with clear definition of my biscepts....my only "problem" area is my stomach - but hey, after 4 full term pregnancies I don't expect anything from it and must learn to accept it the way it is. But thanks for the assumption, your clearly a higher species of talking monkey on an organic planet rotating around a star through outer space. Way to go!! :)
  • LJSmith1989
    Options

Bet your grumpy

This is what I have been told: My leg are amazing and look great in a skirt/shorts; my back is well muscled and looks great; my arms are great with clear definition of my biscepts....my only "problem" area is my stomach - but hey, after 4 full term pregnancies I don't expect anything from it and must learn to accept it the way it is. But thanks for the assumption, your clearly a higher species of talking monkey on an organic planet rotating around a star through outer space. Way to go!! :)

I must say your choice of insults are amazing :flowerforyou:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Bet your grumpy

I don't know.. I've never seen a horse in a skirt/shorts... I'm calling BS!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Bet your grumpy

I've been told I'm white.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options

Bet your grumpy

I've been told I'm white.

lmao
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! :) I just had a baby 5 wks ago, and it was C-section, so I can't work out for a few more weeks. Before pregnancy, I could lose if I kept calories around 1300-1400 6 days a week and with some mild cardio.
    During pregnancy I obviously upped my calories (1900-2200 daily) according to what my doctor said was average. Now I'm SLOWLY trying to decrease my calories right now to get my body adjusted to eating less. Right now I'm logging at 1600 calories, which I have found to be "maintain" mode for me. My next step is 1300 calories.
    Dieting alone doesn't work the best for me, but it can't hurt until I get the "all clear" to jump back on the treadmill and do pilates.

I feel like I need to become a smoothie person. I like them, I just never think of good combos for them. I think I need to put a lot more effort into this!