Any Low Carb Success Stories? Ladies??

Options
Pretty much my whole life i have been on and off low carb because that is how my mom ate and therefore that is how we ate. When i eat low carb i feel sooo much better no cravings and im always satisfied..it just works for me. I am finding it way easier to stay under my calorie limit while doing this. Just to get a little inspiration does anybody have any low car success stories on MFP?Pics? Were you able to lose more weight doing so? i cut out carbs and beer and the weight is coming off much faster for me.

Thanks!

Replies

• mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Still early days for me this time around (only 3 weeks) & I'd love to see some too - but there was a chappie who posted his low carb success story a few days ago...he lost a LOT! Will go & look for it :wink:

ETA : Here's a link to a similar thread to this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1063245-success-stories-low-carb-atkins-or-south-beach

and the Success Story I was talking about http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1076276-from-size-50-jeans-to-38-huge-album-of-photos-part-2
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started this past January 1 and I am almost at the 25 lb mark (only 2 oz to go)! I feel great and I love my new low carb lifestyle. Want to lose another 10 by end of the year and another 25 next year and then onto maintenance. My profile pic is a current photo.
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A lot of people do better on low carb diets. I think it has to do with the way some bodies break them down. My mother lived by the atkins diet (lost over 100lbs). She always tried the fruits, veggies, wheat options and always seemed to either stall or gain weight.

I on the other hand, need my carbs; not a lot just a sustainable amount. When I tried the atkins route, I became sick because my body needed them.

In the end, your body will tell you how it feels. Listen to it. Good luck!
  • FitStephieMomma
    FitStephieMomma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Two years ago I lost 50 lbs in about 4 months doing the low-carb "17 day diet". I only gained about 10 lbs back after a year but now I've let myself go and have gained 30 back : ( Im definitely going back to low carb. It works best for me and is super fast. After 3 days I lose my appetite and have to force myself to eat. Its definitely maintainable as long as you add carbs slowly, add the right ones and don't over do it.
  • lulz14
    lulz14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to low carb, not super strict though

I think it is most successful because cutting out carbs and flour cuts out most junk food. Bread, pizza, cake etc.

So you just make better choices and fill up on lean protein and veggies.

Has worked for me, though still a fair bit to go for me
  • MommaSherryB
    MommaSherryB Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have lost 97 pounds over the past two years. I do believe that people do break down carbs/sugars differently or are more sensitive to them. It was a struggle in the beginning, even though I was watching my calories and exercising regularly. Halfway through my weight loss, my doctor told me that I was pre diabetic. I then switched to low sugar/lower carb and was AMAZED at how much easier the weight came off. And now that I am at my ideal weight, maintaining it has been easy. I wish I had known this is what works for my body years ago.
    I keep my carb intake between 100-150 per day. I don't eat table sugar, white potatoes, white rice, etc.

My before and after photos are on my profile.

Hope this helps.
  • Thisisit51
    Options
    How many calories do you eat a day?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!