Not even a month in...

Options
Saydra13
Saydra13 Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I am in my 3rd week into a fitness routine. I work out everyday and if not I double up the next day. I am almost addicted to working out. I get so cranky if I miss a workout. When I get stressed my first thought is, I wanna go for a run. I am keeping my calorie intake down. Im proud of my self. If this is how I feel after just 3 weeks i wonder how ill feel after many months of this. Will I get bored and quit or will it be easy for me to keep my routine? Is this how it always goes? Excited at first then get discouraged. Because even though Im doing everything right my scale is only tipping up. But I feel like I look more slim. Is this normal??

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    What is "normal" :laugh: ?

There will be weeks where you lose nothing. There will be weeks where "whoosh" you lose five pounds.

Just don't get discouraged, notice every little good thing about this, and disregard the annoying parts.

Good for you for finding running as something you are passionate about! Keep setting new goals of distance or speed for yourself.
  • norcaligirl72
    norcaligirl72 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's a lifelong commitment so you need to find your balance with it. Weight will fluctuate but it's when your clothes fit you know you are doing something right. Ask yourself if you can work out like you are for the rest of your life? Can you eat like you do for the rest of your life? If no then reevaluate and see what you can live with and go from there. I have been up and down my whole like but this time I feel different because I am balancing it. For me I have to work out several times a week. I can't eat sugar on a regular basis and have it be part of my lifestyle. Grains are something that don't work for me. We are all different so you have to find what you can work with day in and day out. Best wishes.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    What is "normal" :laugh: ?

There will be weeks where you lose nothing. There will be weeks where "whoosh" you lose five pounds.

Don't mention the whoosh :ohwell:
  • elliespencr78
    elliespencr78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, Very normal that the scale isn't tipping I think. I'm not a professional by any means; but I have come along way and whenever you are doing something new to your body your body can freak-out for a little bit. If you are being healthy and working out there are a lot more benefits then losing and if you focus on that the scale will follow. I have had months of plateaus so just keep being healthy and active and it will come. I still get excited to workout and I have kept this weight off for over a year. I have fallen off the routine many times but the important thing is to get back on!
This discussion has been closed.