Jittery

Options
My trainer has me on a new workout routine, since August 11th. (3 times a week, the other days I do cardio, and a variety of ab/core exercises)

Superset 1: (3x)
- Barbell Front Squats (12)
- Step ups (12 each leg)
- Single Leg Romanian Dead lift with Kettlebell (10 each leg)

Superset 2: (3x)
- Incline Chest press with barbell (10-12)
- TRX Deltoid Fly (10)
- TRX Bicep curl (10)

Superset 3: (3x)
- Lat Pull down (10)
- Plank with dumbbells, then alternating arm lifts (not a row, but rather move my hand with the dumbbell in front of me) 12x
- TRX Skull Crusher (10)

Dead treadmill push (20s, 1 minute break, 5x)

By the time I'm done with Superset #3, I'm already feeling a jittery, but by the time I'm done with the intervals, it's far, far worse.

I workout first thing in the morning, and eat:
* Banana
* Kind Nut Delight Bar
* 8oz of Pineapple Juice.

When I'm done, I eat 4oz of protein (chicken, steak, or a burger patty)

What can I do to prevent feeling so jittery? I have tried eating a bit more before the workout, without change. I have brought a sports drink with me, figuring the sugar in it would prevent that from happening. But, so far, this first week, I haven't been able to stop feeling jittery.

Any suggestions? I hope to speak with my trainer about this in the next day or so, but figured I'd ask the community.

Thanks,

Toine

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Try leaving out the breakfast bar, which is high in fat (not optimal for a pre-workout meal).

Also try taking an adequate break between sets. The extra calories burned by supersetting is minimal.

Have you gotten this before from workouts of similar intensity?

Do you take any medication?
  • toinel
    toinel Posts: 28
    Options
    The intensity of this workout set is higher than before, but no, I never had this before.

I'm not on any medication.

Toine