Frozen Meal Ideas

Options
I am needing some ideas on frozen meals. I work full time and go to the gym from 5:30 to 6:30 each night. I do not have time to eat before I go. I really need some good ideas of things that are not horrible to eat after a work out. Any meal ideas would help. I have been eating a lot of veggies and lean meats. But I do not want to get bored. I am trying to eat before I go workout, but I need something fast and easy.

Replies

• griffith5150
    Options
    Lean Cuisine chicken teriyaki is delish to me... sometimes I take a protein shake like Special Ks right before working out, than when I am done and get home I make my own meal.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    When you cook, cook extra and freeze it.

That will taste way better than anything you can buy frozen off the shelf, and you have the benefit of getting what you want instead of what's available
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    If I need a quick meal I get birds eye rice fusions which take 3 1/2 mins in the microwave and birds eye cod fillets in a bag with sauce which take 4 1/2 mins in the microwave!

It's tasty and low cal!
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When you cook, cook extra and freeze it.

That will taste way better than anything you can buy frozen off the shelf, and you have the benefit of getting what you want instead of what's available

^^This. I do my food prep on Sundays for the week. I, too, am at the gym after work and am ready to eat when I get home. This way, it's all ready for me I just need to warm it up. This week's dinners: fajitas! :happy:
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if you've tried a george foreman or similar grill? I can make a chicken breast tender on it in 7 minutes from frozen, about 4 minutes when the chicken is fresh. It is a very quick way to make any meat, and it does end up being good. I just put mine on the grill, squirt some lemon juice on it, shake some spices/ herbs on it and have a great meal in just a few minutes.

You can make many pieces at once then freeze or refrigerate them individually in baggies for a quick meat that you can microwave later.

eta: a crock pot could also become your best friend because your meal cooks while you work and is ready when you get home
  • jleach
    jleach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I bought a deep freezer just so I would have room to cook ahead and freeze my own meals. I try to never make one meal, always enough to freeze additional portions. If I do buy a frozen dinner, it's Lean Cuisine butternut squash ravioli or Lightlife meals which are all meat free.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I like Blake's chicken pot pie and Aquastar's crunchy fish fillets. Not at the same time, of course :)

But, since you need quick they may not be for you - they really should be cooked in the oven to taste right.

One pot pie is < 400 Cals and is a meal on it's own. Each fish fillet is 200 Cals, and I usually pair it with steamed broccoli and pickled onions or some other tart/sour food, like tomatoes.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    http://freezermealsforus.blogspot.ca/search/label/Mexican

http://www.skinnymomskitchen.com/2012/04/24/freezer-recipe-homemade-hot-pockets-beef-and-cheddar/

Onceamonthmom.com

There are lots of freezer cooking blogs and websites. Or if you meant strictly premade packaged meals...I like some of the Lean Cuisine meals, specifically the spring rolls.