BEST DINNER I'VE HAD IN AGES!!!

Options
OMG so yummy I had to share! Ok, so I love the Eat this not that books so i bought the Cook this not that book. I came across a delicious looking recipe. And exactly that it was! The kids LOVED it too! They even kept asking for some off of my plate after they finished theirs! lol Here is the recipe and nutritional info. PLEASE TRY! YOU'LL LOVE IT!!! (I took pictures but I don't know how to attach them to this recipe. :-( )

(From Cook This Not That: Kitchen survival guide. Pg. 232 & Pg. 301)

Honey- Mustard Salmon -370 calories, 21 g fat (6g saturated) 530 mg sodium-

1 Tbsp butter (I used Land O Lakes Light butter w/ Canola oil)
1 Tbsp Brown sugar
1 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste 4 salmon fillets (6 oz each)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until the butter and sugar have melted together. Stir in the mustard, honey and soy sauce.

Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet over high heat. Season the salmon w/ salt and pepper and add to the pan flesh side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes until fully browned and flip. Brush w/ half of the glaze and place the pan in the oven until the salmon is firm and flaky. (But before the white fat begins to form on the surface), about 5 minutes. Remove, brush the salmon w/ more of the honey mustard, and serve w/ the asparagus.

Makes 4 servings/ Cost per serving: $2.77

Roasted Parmesan Asparagus - 45 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated) 330 mg sodium-

1 bunch asparagus (about 1/2 pounds)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp grated parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
Juice of 1 lemon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off woody sections. Place the spears in a baking dish. Drizzle w/ olive oil. sprinkle w/ the parmesan, and season w/ salt and pepper: toss to coat. Roast until just tender, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the asparagus and enjoy!!

Makes 4 servings.

Let me know how it turned out for ya! :-)

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    (From Cook This Not That: Kitchen survival guide. Pg. 232 & Pg. 301)

Honey- Mustard Salmon -370 calories, 21 g fat (6g saturated) 530 mg sodium-

1 Tbsp butter (I used Land O Lakes Light butter w/ Canola oil)
    1 Tbsp Brown sugar
    1 Tbsp Honey
    2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
    1 Tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
    1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
    Salt and pepper to taste 4 salmon fillets (6 oz each)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds until the butter and sugar have melted together. Stir in the mustard, honey and soy sauce.

Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet over high heat. Season the salmon w/ salt and pepper and add to the pan flesh side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes until fully browned and flip. Brush w/ half of the glaze and place the pan in the oven until the salmon is firm and flaky. (But before the white fat begins to form on the surface), about 5 minutes. Remove, brush the salmon w/ more of the honey mustard, and serve w/ the asparagus.

Makes 4 servings/ Cost per serving: $2.77

Roasted Parmesan Asparagus - 45 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated) 330 mg sodium-

1 bunch asparagus (about 1/2 pounds)
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    2 Tbsp grated parmesan
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Juice of 1 lemon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off woody sections. Place the spears in a baking dish. Drizzle w/ olive oil. sprinkle w/ the parmesan, and season w/ salt and pepper: toss to coat. Roast until just tender, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the asparagus and enjoy!!

Makes 4 servings.

sounds delicious! i'm going to add this to thursday's menu. :) i'll let you know what we thought.
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    bump...
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your find!:flowerforyou: Both sound good, I'll add them to my 'try it' recipe list.
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    What in the heck is bump???? I keep seeing it and every time I ask, nobody tells me! lol :-(
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    anytime you comment on a thread, it places that thread into your list of topics. It makes it more easily accessible for you to find. So people just say "bump" in order to "bookmark" the thread.

Another thing "bumping" does is place the topic on the top of the list on the discussions page, so the thread gets more attention.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    Options
    Oooooo ok! Thanx
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • dw920
    dw920 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump! Got some asparagus in the fridge now that I need to use. I usually do an olive oil/balsamic thing with mine.
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just made this tonight. I agree....best dinner I've had in ages!! A must try for any salmon lover.
  • live4something
    live4something Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I finally got around to making this tonight. The salmon was GREAT! I didn't have the asparagus tonight but I know they are GREAT! That is the only way I eat mine. Thanks for posting!!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    Options
    YAY! I'm happy y'all enjoyed it! Any yummy recipes you'd like to share w/ me and my family???
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Saving this ... sounds awesome!