Busting my daily calories but still hungry

Options
Hey guys,
I have BMI of 20.7. I am a man (132lbs, 5'7''). Please note that I have a very small bone structure and not much muscle.

I have a 1800 calories daily goal, but most of the time I feel unsatisfied (still hungry).
I've never been the type to eat junk food, I'm not craving it. I am craving hearty, healthy food thought.

I reach around 100-120g of proteins daily and I make sure I get plenty of complete proteins.

I've always had a very active metabolism, but since I've been working in I.T (3 years) I've been growing a small belly.
I'd say I have 5 pounds of fat to lose.

Any advices?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is pretty low to be trying to lose "weight" though you could probably do some body composition changes by lifting...which could lead to gaining actual weight. Since your BMI is so low, I think that might be a better goal.

Then, you can eat more since you'd have more LBM and then not be so hungry.

I'd say the same to a man or a woman. Honestly, I don't think that really matters.
  • TinyJimbo
    TinyJimbo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The thing is, I have chronic sinus infections. I can't work out, and I haven't been able for 4 years.
    that's why I'm trying to keep my weight under control until I can start again.

All my life I've weight around 120-125. Considering that I am VERY skinny, 7 pounds of fat on me is very apparent.

Considering that I have a desk job and I don't workout, is 1800 calories a reasonable number?