Brisk walking

Options
Hi guys,

I recently joined and have taken up brisk walking as my exercise (starting off as I wouldn't be the fittest girl in the room) :P

I have read online that it is very effective with aiding in weight loss.

But what I am wondering is has anybody here stuck to brisk walking as their only exercise and lost weight (along with diet and watching cals)?

I started off on about 4km and each day I have walked further.I am currently brisk walking 8.6km a day and will gradually over time increase this distance.

Sound any good to anyone who knows more than I do??!

:) Let me know, motivation always welcome! :D

Thanks!

Replies

• griffith5150
    Options
    I just do walking on the treadmill and weights been working for me.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I started off with only walking, and lost.

But I got tired of it and switched it up quite often until I found an exercise I truly genuinely enjoyed.

Any form of exercise will aid in weightloss, whether its walking, dancing, running, hula hooping, or anything that gets you moving.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been walking usually 5-6 miles every two days and calorie counting since May, and lost 20lbs since.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yep, and have lost 57 lbs doing that over the last 4 years. I recently have added Pilates to my routine but the walking was key for me.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    It's been the majority of my exercise, especially after my neck problem was diagnosed I can only walk and swim with no throbbing pain afterwards! It's been great! :)
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 pounds doing nothing but walking.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    It is possible so long as it is being done as actual exercise and giving you a deficit of calories... however, if you wanna improve fitness, jog it! you dont have to be fast but it'll elevate your heart rate more and the energy required to move your body is a little more... plus the pumping action of your arms will get them in shape too... TRUE STORY!

You have to walk for a long time to get a decent calorie burn too... unless on a steep hill!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I do walking (about 7 miles a day) and strength training. :happy:
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I walk for 30 minutes three times per week. It is the only exercise I have done.
  • sunflower505
    Options
    Guys, this is great motivation! So glad to read all your comments :)

I am going to put my heart and soul into it!! :D