Hello MFP, we meet again!

Options
Hi all! As the subject says, I'm trying MFP again. I started back in January 2012 as a new year's resolution to get healthy and drop 70 pounds (at the time). Everything was going well and I had lost about 20 pounds...then June hit. I started a new job, moved into a new apartment, AND started grad school. Quite the load. Of course, my good eating habits fell by the wayside as I went back to eating unhealthy foods (as in fast food every day before class...ugh).

I'm not sure what made me decide to give this another go. I dug up my scale and stood on it and discovered that not only did I gain back the 20 pounds, I gained back another 30! Holy crap! I decided that something needed to change. I talked with my boyfriend, and we decided to better our eating habits. I told him about MFP and how it worked for me in the past and that I wanted to try again. He's been very supportive and keeps me in line.

Well, that's my story. I'm always open to meeting new people, so feel free to add :)

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I like your hair.

Can I touch it?
  • winonajosephine
    winonajosephine Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This is just like my story!! :) add request sent
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hi all! As the subject says, I'm trying MFP again. I started back in January 2012 as a new year's resolution to get healthy and drop 70 pounds (at the time). Everything was going well and I had lost about 20 pounds...then June hit. I started a new job, moved into a new apartment, AND started grad school. Quite the load. Of course, my good eating habits fell by the wayside as I went back to eating unhealthy foods (as in fast food every day before class...ugh).

I'm not sure what made me decide to give this another go. I dug up my scale and stood on it and discovered that not only did I gain back the 20 pounds, I gained back another 30! Holy crap! I decided that something needed to change. I talked with my boyfriend, and we decided to better our eating habits. I told him about MFP and how it worked for me in the past and that I wanted to try again. He's been very supportive and keeps me in line.

Well, that's my story. I'm always open to meeting new people, so feel free to add :)

That's awesome that you have a supportive boyfriend ... having your partner-in-crime on the same page makes the battle so much easier! Welcome back, and best wishes in your journey to kicking obesity's @$$ :flowerforyou: I've been down the grad school route, and just that alone would drive anyone to stress eating!
  • Tinks1087
    Options
    i once did that... i lost 50 lbs and not only gained it back! i gained another 38 besides that... yup 90 lbs gained... took me 4 years to lose it... i am trying to not gain it back so i totally understand how you feel! hope i can help you and you help me stay on track! Good luck!! :)
  • bjmer121995
    Options
    Trying again too. I have been on and off here for the past 2 years as life changes. Am looking for supportive friends who do more than just say "good job" to food logs and exercise entries. Would love to have actual "pen pals" that talk about real things, good and bad, to encourage and support each other. My kids head back to school on Wed and my empty nest will give me ME time to exercise and concentrate on me again. My long term goal would be about 30 lbs. Would love to have some supportive friends on here :)
  • portabletelevision
    Options
    Lovely to meet all of you :) Thanks for the kind words. And yeah, my hair is touchable. Most people just walk up and touch it...ask dangit!

Good luck to everyone on their journeys!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Lovely to meet all of you :) Thanks for the kind words. And yeah, it's touchable. At least you asked...most people just come up and touch it. -_-

Good luck to everyone on their journeys!

Score!!
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The main thing is to always be willing to get back on program. As long as you continue logging calories and trying to eat healthy, you'll overcome the occasional setback. The only way to fail is to totally abandon the effort for good.

I've been tracking calories since 2006, and I've certainly had bad days turn into bad weeks and sometimes bad months. But I always recommit to program eventually. Overall, I've lost 110+ since 2006. But that doesn't mean there weren't significant setbacks along the way. But as long as I kept at it, I continued to make steady progress.

You will not fail as long as you stay with the site. Keep logging and you will likely change your behaviors over time. The key is to log calories, because without that you don't have any idea how much you're actually eating. It all begins with logging!
  • AshFos83
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP....good luck on your journey!
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    welcome back! request coming your way!