Fat and Fourty 75lbs to lose. Who's with me

Options
Hi there everyone,

I told myself that I wasn't going to be fat when I reach 40 cuz I wanted to be 40 and fabulous. Well 40 came around and I'm still over weight. If I use the BMI chart I am considered obese which blew me away. I use to be a fitness addict and now here I am living a life on the couch. I don't get out much. I feel like I'm killing myself slowly. I am aging faster than ever or it just feels like it. I'm so angry with myself that I have let this get this far. IT IS TIME TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! That is why I am here joining myfitnesspal. I am looking for inspiration and motivation and other ideas on how I can get my life back on track. I look forward to reading your success, your struggles, recipes and exercises and tricks if you have any. Looking for friends of encouragement.

Replies

• bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck. Ive been here for 2 weeks, going strong. I'm actually getting a bit obsessed with hanging on here reading peoples stories, but I guess thats better then sitting and snacking on the couch! I sent you a friend request.
  • stomsick
    stomsick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too! I signed up last year but never really got into it. Now I am completely motivated to lose this ugly weight! I will like to lose about 80 lbs myself! Feel free to add me! We can do this!!!!!:smile:
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone,

I told myself that I wasn't going to be fat when I reach 40 cuz I wanted to be 40 and fabulous. Well 40 came around and I'm still over weight. If I use the BMI chart I am considered obese which blew me away. I use to be a fitness addict and now here I am living a life on the couch. I don't get out much. I feel like I'm killing myself slowly. I am aging faster than ever or it just feels like it. I'm so angry with myself that I have let this get this far. IT IS TIME TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! That is why I am here joining myfitnesspal. I am looking for inspiration and motivation and other ideas on how I can get my life back on track. I look forward to reading your success, your struggles, recipes and exercises and tricks if you have any. Looking for friends of encouragement.

I said the same thing...lol. I am now 43 with 44 closing in on me. Want to lose 70 down 10 so far. Add if you like...
  • br0hammer
    br0hammer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When I turned 40 I made a promise to myself to lose weight. I lost some weight got 40 more pounds to reach my goal . Accepting friends.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am forty eight and have 75 pounds to lose.
  • Jellygrl
    Jellygrl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am 38 and using 'I don't want to be fat and forty' to motivate me. Am happy to talk and encourage and try to motivate, cause i need this too. Feel free to add me.
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm forty and wanting to lose.
  • EPXBODYBYDESIGN
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement. Obviously I am in the right place. I know we all can do this. With the right people by our sides motivating each other to push thru the struggles we can succeed.
  • br0hammer
    br0hammer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That's what I did
  • rainbowunicorns720
    rainbowunicorns720 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've got about 100 to lose (already lost 50) so feel free to add me! 30 was my turning point. I'm 31 now but ALL of this WILL be off before i turn 32 (next april) hopefully sooner!
  • laural_l
    laural_l Posts: 4
    Options
    OMGOSH! That was so me! I say was because when I hit 40 I still didn't care. Now I'm 43 and finally doing something. I'm pretty addicted to this site. You can add me and encourage each other. Oh and I have an open diary but it's kind of boring. Hahaha :-)
    Actually anyone can add me.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone..we are all fighting this...its nice to do it together
  • OhioTallGuy
    OhioTallGuy Posts: 82
    Options
    41 here and have started this journey again. It is time to do something about it! Anyone feel free to add me.
  • PunkyMP
    PunkyMP Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Similar. I turned 40 last month and thought by now I would have it all together. No milestone has been enough to change me, except for my daughter's graduation in 2012. Then we moved and as soon as my life gets a little unstable, food is the go-to.
  • roseroop1
    roseroop1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yep, turning 40 soon and really need to shed this weight
  • Soccermomtmo
    Soccermomtmo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    39 here and my turning 40 next March is looming large so my mantra is to be fit at 40. Considering I have more than 100lbs to drop I won't be at the finish line by then but I can damn well be closing in on it! :) I'm about 17 lbs into my journey to take care of me. You are not alone!

I'm looking to add friends too so send a request!
  • Stonekerry
    Stonekerry Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request - I turn 40 in June and it's one of the main reasons that I am on here - I really don't want to be unhappy with the way I feel at 40 - fat and forty is not what I am looking for! Got around 50 lbs to lose for my first goal - will see how I feel after that! Good luck!