Am I eating too many calories?

Options
I currently work 6 days a week, 7.5 hour days as a house keeper at a hospital. I selected light exercise 1-3 hours a week, because I can't always make it to the gym.

I'm 22 years old, 225.0 lbs.
5 ft 9, (69 inches)

My BMR says 2194

The TDEE given to me was 3017.

My TDEE -20% is 2413

I've tried using MyFitnessPal preset calorie goals, but I always feel hungry because it only gives me 1680 calories to eat, but when I eat close to 2400, I always feel really full and that makes me think it's going to end up putting on more weight. Maybe it's just in my head.

But based on the information I gave you, does this seem accurate to lose weight with?

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    If 1680 leaves you hungry and 2400 leaves you feeling too full/worries, why not split the difference?
  • Nathaniel1990
    Options
    Well, even though I'm not really new to this, I still don't fully understand the whole concept. That's what I meant when I said maybe it's in my head, but yeah your answer makes sense. I might do that.
  • cabcab12345
    Options
    Do you know your body fat percentage?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I agree with Chelle-- maybe try 2000 and see how that goes. All of the tools are estimates anyway and everyone has to adjust as needed based on results. Pick something, try that for a month (unless you find that you're genuinely hungry every day, in which case bump it up sooner) and then reevaluate.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Simple answer: If you're gaining weight you're eating too many calories. Judge this, not on a daily basis, because the scale can be a fickle master, but judge it on a weekly average.

If you're gaining weight then reduce your calorie intake and/or exercise and total daily energy expenditure, like walks and such.