Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lost weight, gained weight, and trying to lose again...

Started my weight loss about 1.5 years ago..lost a total of 100 pounds but still wasn't at my goal weight. With 25 pounds left to go I started my last semester of undergrad and was working full time...needless to say there wasn't a whole lot of time to eat healthy/exercise and I gained 20 pounds back. Had some health issues that also took me out of the game for a while and now I am trying to get back in the game. I just have such a hard time motivating myself to do it again. I almost feel like I'm starting again and have had several people comments on my weight gain. It's very demoralizing and making me super upset. Especially when I am really trying and hear that crap. Who here has had similar problems? How did you get to your goal weight? It just feels so unattainable. I even broke down and bought stupid Hydroxycut Hardcore pills. Ugh...help :(

Just for reference
Starting Weight:273
Lowest Weight: 173
Current Weight 194
Goal Weight: 150

Replies

• I had a similar issue after I had a severe high ankle sprain and was unable to run for several months. When I went to start again I felt so much slower than before, and it made me so discouraged. It was hard for me to find the motivation to start again.

The best thing I did that really helped me get back in the game was trying new things. I ran trails and hills I'd never used, so I couldn't compare my speed to a previous experience. I even found a new website with recipes on it to try. Switching up my old routine was nice because it allowed me to get past the frustration of being setback. I think what held me back the most was expecting to be able to just pick up where I left off, when what I really needed was a fresh start.

I haven't reached my goal yet, but branching out into something new was refreshing and really helped me. Good luck!!