Quick Healthy Breakfast?

Options
As you can probably tell I am new to this site but I have been losing weight before joining this site. My question is what would be a good quick healthy breakfast in the mornings. I have a roommate who sleeps close to the kitchen and I don't want to wake him since I go to work before him.

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for something you don't have to cook? If that's the case, you could have some Greek yogurt with fruit, protein shake, etc.

If you are cooking, I typically have omelets or oatmeal for breakfast along with fresh juice (I actually juice the veggies and/or fruits myself, not talking about the juice you can buy).

You could also get some tasty cereals for the non-cooking route.
  • Jalvare4
    Jalvare4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply but yeah I am going the non-cooking route but I have not thought about protein shakes.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I know you said, probably no cooking, but frying a single egg isn't that big of a deal, takes a couple of minutes and then toss on a toasted English muffin with a sprinkle of cheese. Easy and quick.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    You could make some hard boiled eggs before you go to bed and have them in the morning with some cheese and fruit. Or apples and peanut butter are yummy together, too.

Have you ever thought of making a wrap for breakfast? Just get a small tortilla and wrap up some reduced sodium deli meat, veggies, and a little cream cheese. I prefer peppers, lettuce, and tomato, but any veggies would be good.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Pour oatmeal, add water, 2.5 minutes in the microwave, boom, done. Add maple syrup and vanilla almond milk.
  • 1meh
    1meh Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I boil three or four days of eggs at a time and keep them in the fridge. In the mornings I grab the eggs, an apple and I'm out the door.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Bacon n eggs
    Protein Shake
    Cereal
    Sausage and Egg McMuffin

(Not necessarily all in one sitting)
  • jamalmoses1
    jamalmoses1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    if you just want to grab and go protein shakes are really good. or some type of fruit like a banana or an apple,orange. boiled eggs are really quick since you can cook them the night before,
  • jewel22887
    Options
    my hubby will cook egg and sausage in a muffin tin on a day off and then pop it on a biscuit and microwave it for a few minutes in the mornings.... I use turkey bacon and egg whites but he gets twice as many calories as I do :)
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    Bacon n eggs
    Protein Shake
    Cereal
    Sausage and Egg McMuffin

*pouts* but what if i wanna have it all in one sitting?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Bacon n eggs
    Protein Shake
    Cereal
    Sausage and Egg McMuffin

*pouts* but what if i wanna have it all in one sitting?

That would be fine :}
  • ketoambahh
    Options
    I like to have that Kashi blueberry clusters cereal in the morning with either a glass of orange juice or just slices of fruit. It has a ton of B vitamins in it and will keep you full for a few hours.

If you ever do have to time to cook, take some scrambled eggs and sausage (or bacon if you prefer), and put it in a pita pocket. It's ready to go out the door that way and it barely takes 5 minutes.
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Rolled Oats or Steel Cut Oats . I use both / I prefer 15-20 Minute Cooking Variety. I cook a Big Pot, enough for at least 4 servings.
    About 1.5 cup of uncooked oats to 3 cups water. If it looks a little dried out after cooking for 15 minutes I just add more water to make smooth consistency.
    You can do this the night before.

I put it into a bowl and cover it up immediately Each day I scoop about 3/4 cup out add a dash of water to make moist cover and reheat in the microwave for a minute after which I add some tasty unsweetened Almond Milk and about 1 tsp. honey. Very yummy.

The benefits, it keeps me full for 4 hours. Don't need to snack before my lunch break.
    It is a slow release energy as it is a complex carb. so breaks down slower hence provides energy without the peaks and valleys.

Just google the health benefits of eating rolled oats and r steel cut oats.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Sachet of Oatso Simple with hot water & stir in a chopped banana. Two minutes and out the door. :-)
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    We were recently gone for 10 days on a golf holiday and was very concerned about staying on track while we were away so I packed Magic Muesli for my breakfast each day. I measured out individual servings of all the dry ingredients (I did several variations with different dried fruit and nuts and put each in a Ziploc snack bag so they were easy to pack) and then added the Greek yogurt and applesauce each morning: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/takerbrat/view/good-morning-good-morning-552213
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are a god send for me, handy because im often in the gym 45 minutes after I wake up and hate lifting on an empty stomach.
  • shawnatheobald
    Options
    In the mornings, I eat 2 hardboiled eggs, and 1 cup of blueberries in 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk. Sooo yummy! Very quick, quiet, and it keeps me going!
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    peanut butter toast w fruit
    eggs w salsa & toast
    oatmeal & a boiled egg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats. Mix 6oz of greek yogurt, 1/3 cup of milk, fruit of your choice, 1/4 cup steel cut oats, put in fridge, will be ready in the morning (or just use a fruit yogurt).

I make breakfast burritos. Just have to nuke one egg for 40 seconds and some turkey breakfast sausages for 20 seconds, add cheese on top of a tortilla, and roll up.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Take a day you are off and go to the store.

Pick up 2 packs of whole wheat tortillas, a carton of eggs, a tube of reduced fat breakfast sausage, an onion, a pack of reduced fat shredded cheese, 2 bell peppers (any color you want), a roll of parchment paper, and a roll of aluminum foil.

In a non stick pan brown the sausage over medium high heat. Take the sausage and put it into a large bowl.

Next, in the same pan you just browned the sausage in saute the onions and peppers over medium heat. Don't clean the pan, the grease from the sausage will act as oil for the veggies so you don't have to add any. Once the veggies have finished put them into the large bowl with the sausage.

Then crack the eggs into a second large bowl, scramble them up. Spray the pan you just used wtih non stick spray and cook the eggs over medium low heat. Once they are cooked, put them into the large bowl with the veggies and finished sausage. Mix up the sausage, veggies and eggs well.

Now take a sheet of aluminum foil (just larger than the tortilla shell) and lay it on the counter. Next take a sheet of parchment about the same size and lay it on top. Take a tortilla shell, scoop some of the egg and sausage mixture into the tortilla, top with a tablespoon of cheese and then roll like a burrito. Then roll the parchment sheet around, and then finally the aluminum foil.

Put your burritos into a resealable plastic freezer bag and put in freezer.

When you get up, go to freezer, grab a burrito, unwrap the almunim foil (aluminum foil in microwave is bad!) and then nuke for 2 minutes.

I usually get about 11 pretty good sized burritoes out of a carton of eggs, a tube of sausage and the veggies; they turn out to be about 380 calories each with 29 grams of carbs, 10-18 grams of fat (depends on the type of sausage and cheese I use), and 15-22 grams of protein (again depends on type of sausage and cheese I use).