Will I still lose weight?

Options
Over the last 6 months I have lost 44kg, (about 96lbs) I still have about 5kg left. I understand that this was very rapid and I didn't mean for it to go this way it just did, today in the middle or my exercise the exercise bike just broke, so after a brief freak out I finished it outside. I'm okay with my weight loss slowing down, but I still want to get that last bit off, will going from 2 hours to 1 hour a day and 1200 calories keep it moving?

I should add that the bike breaking has gotten me thinking about a slow down, the connection makes sense to me. Like maybe its a sign I should just work on maintenance rather than loss

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    So you're asking if you can still lose weight by eating only 1200 calories a day and reducing exercise to 1 hour per day because you were over training like mad before?

If that's honestly your question...then I don't know if this is serious or not...
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Over the last 6 months I have lost 44kg, (about 96lbs) I still have about 5kg left. I understand that this was very rapid and I didn't mean for it to go this way it just did, today in the middle or my exercise the exercise bike just broke, so after a brief freak out I finished it outside. I'm okay with my weight loss slowing down, but I still want to get that last bit off, will going from 2 hours to 1 hour a day and 1200 calories keep it moving?

I should add that the bike breaking has gotten me thinking about a slow down, the connection makes sense to me. Like maybe its a sign I should just work on maintenance rather than loss

If you want to work on maintenance you'll need to eat more than 1200 calories to do it.
  • lovemehobo
    Options
    So you're asking if you can still lose weight by eating only 1200 calories a day and reducing exercise to 1 hour per day because you were over training like mad before?

If that's honestly your question...then I don't know if this is serious or not...

Yeah it is a serious question lol. When you put it that way it does sound a bit silly. Just for the last 4+ months I've been doing 2 hours a day and now with that breaking and going back to walking I'm a little paranoid
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Yeah it is a serious question lol. When you put it that way it does sound a bit silly. Just for the last 4+ months I've been doing 2 hours a day and now with that breaking and going back to walking I'm a little paranoid

No need to be paranoid. Eating that amount and exercising for an hour per day will still net you some weight loss.

I would suggest finding a TDEE calculator and seeing what your maintenance level is, though. I bet you can easily eat a lot more than you are and still lose weight if you are exercising for an hour everyday. It will also help you with your recovery and make your workouts feel better.
  • Kalashnikova73
    Kalashnikova73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In theory yes you will but It will be really slow in the terms of which you are probably used too.