Insanity making me hungry

Options
People doing insanity are you always hungry?! I feel like I couldn't eat enough. I'm trying so hard to stick to my calories but it is getting difficult.
I work until 8pm which means I'm not eating until 9/9.30. I have afternoon snacks of fruit, cheese sticks etc but it doesn't always help.
Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I should add that I'm worried about increasing my calories (they are set at 1300 and I eat back exercise calories) as I know I would find it hard to make the right choices. If I up them I'd be more tempted by high cal, low nutrient options. I need will power I know.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I should add that I'm worried about increasing my calories (they are set at 1300 and I eat back exercise calories) as I know I would find it hard to make the right choices. If I up them I'd be more tempted by high cal, low nutrient options. I need will power I know.

i net 1800 cals and insanity makes me hungry!

if you arent prepared to eat more than you will just have to put up with being hungry!
  • miamiink89
    miamiink89 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I guess I just don't know what to add to my day. I'm not a fan of nuts so they're out, and I'm vegetarian. I live in Korea and feel limited by choice here (maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, but I do live in a small town with little variety in shops).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I guess I just don't know what to add to my day. I'm not a fan of nuts so they're out, and I'm vegetarian. I live in Korea and feel limited by choice here (maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, but I do live in a small town with little variety in shops).

full fat yoghurt, full fat cheese?

just bigger portions of what you already eat. and the odd chocolate bar wotn hurt either!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    You could go for water to find out if you really are hungry or just think you are.

If then you are still hungry...wait 20 mins. If then still hungry have something like an apple to see if it helps. Or perhaps something with oats or peanut butter.
  • levernepoisson
    levernepoisson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have just started Herbalife, it has a healthy breakfast shake which keeps me personally fill till 14h00 (2pm) i have to force myself to have those healthy snacks like apples etc.

Maybe you should try this healthy lifestyle alone with your Insanity?

I gym a lot and i always feel more hungry afterwards thats why a protein shake is awesome as it takes away that hunger/craving.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    eat more lean protein, it will help to keep you full
  • wiserebel
    wiserebel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity and I'm eating about 2100 a day and I still get very hungry.

darkguardian4 si spot on, eat more protein
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would up your calories to follow the program guidelines and add a lot more protein. You probably feel hungry all the time because 60%+ of your diet is carbs.

Also, switch lower calorie foods for higher calorie foods. I call it eat smart, not more. Since you don't like nuts, do you like peanut butter? If so, grab a spoon and jar and eat up. Also, you can add more eggs, protein bars or shakes and even add EVOO to foods. Cheese on top of items work well too.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Are you certain that 1300 is above your BMR? Bottom line, 1300 may not be the right number for you. Make sure you are eating enough. Eating more is not always a bad thing, specifically when you aren't eating enough to fuel your activities.
  • BflSabrefan
    Options
    1300 isn't enough for anyone NOT exercising. You are doing insanity, you should probably be closer to 1600-1800