Hear me ROAR!

Hey everyone!

so since starting on this health kick, ive been quite moody and irritable, My colleague just used sellotape and i could have easily thrown the sellotape and her outside.

Also, my head hurts a lot aswell!

Has anyone else experienced this? what causes it? how long does it last?

Thanks xx

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    are you eatting enough? how is your blood pressure? I would suggest seeing a doctor to get some blood work done as none of this should be happening from a minor Caloric Deficit. Good luck to you.
  • hbb86
    hbb86 Posts: 63 Member
    The problem is, its not a minor caloric deficit - there were days where i easy consume 2500 calories before starting this - now im trying to get down to 1300.

Too much too soon?

xx
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    What exercises are you undertaking and how often as well as intensity? When I first got into training, I had headaches and mood-swings like there was no tomorrow.
    You have to 'ease' yourself in as it is quite a bit change and "shock" to your body.

If symptoms persist, do see a Dr though so they can perform testing..
  • Railr0aderTony
    The problem is, its not a minor caloric deficit - there were days where i easy consume 2500 calories before starting this - now im trying to get down to 1300.

Too much too soon?

xx

Why 1300? yes I would say that is not enough depending on your hight and weight. You need to figure out a healthy deficit. Find your BMR and figure your TDEE -20% and eat that,
    Read this for all the info you would need.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Again if this keeps up, See a Doctor. But i suspect you are lacking nutrients and maybe your sugar is crashing.
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    eat more...you're hangry
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    What are your stats? Height, weight? You may not need to eat as little as 1300. Are you trying to lose 1 lb a week or 2 lbs? An open diary would help a lot too.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    You'll hear on here "don't go under 1200" as the hard and fast rule. Personally- I'm 5'11" and know that if I go under 1450 cals, I experience this. I can't think straight, and I get extremely moody/emotional. SO- 1300 may be too low for you. Just keep paying attention to your own body- and LISTEN! It's showing you it doesn't like what you're doing....Try eating a little more- go up to 1400-1500 cals and see if it helps your mood.
  • hbb86
    hbb86 Posts: 63 Member
    Thanks for the advice everyone!

Im 5,8 and 124.7KG

Im trying to loose 1KG per week

xx
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    In-line with what everyone else is saying, the more you exercise the more your body will need too...
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,089 Member
    I have terrible headache if I drop my carbs too fast. Fe if i eat 300 grams and then drop to 150, 150 is not low but carb diet, but for me it is too low. I can avoid it by dropping carbs gradually (eating 300 for few days, then 250, then 200 ect)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Thanks for the advice everyone!

Im 5,8 and 124.7KG

Im trying to loose 1KG per week

xx

Ran some numbers for you.
    your BMR= aprox 1979( you should never eat below this)
    if you workout 3 days a week, your TDEE is aprox 2720
    so a safe TDEE-20% for your weight is 2200 per day.

using this calculator
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I get like that when I don't eat enough for a few days. (this past week was a good example of that)

I'm 5'4.5" and generally eat 1500 calories on a lazy day (on active days I can eat 2000+ calories and I'm averaging right around 2lbs per week loss currently). I would try eating a little more if I were you.
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    It could be you are not quite eating enough, but it might also be the difference in what you are eating now and what you were eating before. Did you eat a lot of sugary things before, and are you eating less of those now? Because cutting down on sugar - whilst it is a great idea - can give you major withdrawal symptoms when you first stop. If that's the case, stick to it, drink lots of water, and it will pass!!

A kg a week is an agressive goal, doable, and I guess you do have a lot to lose. But if I were you, and you find this level of calories makes it too hard to stick to the plan, I'd adjust for losing a pound a week. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Eat more. You're hungry.