new zealand protein powder

Options
nardo77
nardo77 Posts: 15 Member
hi guys

can anyone advise on a protein powder worth buying in new zealand, then i thought i could add it to smoothies etc

Replies

• IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    *waves at fellow Kiwi*

I recently saw New Zealand 100% whey protein powder recommended on another forum I was on
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Kia ora e hoa!

I bought some locally off the net but can't recall where from. They're pretty much of a muchness though aren't they? I think supermakets stock whey powder in the "Nutritional" section too now.

KIA KAHA!! :smile:
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I really like Horley's. About 106cal per serve with 20g protein and it mixes well. I can usually get it for about $35? I recently got a cheaper one called Protein Diet formula, it was a bit cheaper (around $25) but I find it pretty horrible and am probably going to go back to Horley's when I'm finally finished!
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I really like Horley's. About 106cal per serve with 20g protein and it mixes well. I can usually get it for about $35? I recently got a cheaper one called Protein Diet formula, it was a bit cheaper (around $25) but I find it pretty horrible and am probably going to go back to Horley's when I'm finally finished!

I think mine was Horleys too. Was nice enough (don't really like any of them).
  • IshaAnderson18
    IshaAnderson18 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Syntrax's Matrix 5.0 is a good one if you want something thats cheap but still good qauality. Balance is a little more pricey but pretty good too, especially the cookies and cream flavour. Shotgunsupplements.co.nz and supplements.co.nz and nzmuscle.co.nz are all really cheap websites to get it from. :)
  • MoveLoveEat
    MoveLoveEat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Syntrax chocolate is yum, nutratech has pretty good and cheap stuff too. They have a deal at the moment $69 for a 5lb bag which is pretty good value for $ as far as buying in NZ is concerned! From bodybuilding.co.nz use the 5% off code to get it at $66 including postage.
  • SteffanieJury
    SteffanieJury Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eatme supplements! They are NZ owned, cheap and deliver for free. They have sample sizes so you can try out flavours before committing to an entire bag. Coffee flavour is my fav and the best part for me is that it doesn't taste foul when you mix it with water. They aren't paying me to say this by the way lol
  • Kirijyma
    Kirijyma Posts: 35
    Options
    Horleys! Or Myofushion Probiotic,,,,but not sure if they're kiwi made.
  • lynty2
    lynty2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :)
  • shoequeennz
    Options
    I buy a really lovely one called Devine from RNC in Ponsonby. You can also get it online at www.rnc.co.nz
    It is really smooth and makes the loveliest smoothies I have had. Flavours are good too. Also 99.9% lactose free if that's important (which it is to me).
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Totally jealous of all you guys living in NZ. JEALLLLOUS.
  • jamesguidera
    jamesguidera Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Myofushion Probiotic is pretty good but not kiwi. Horleys is kiwi made
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Raiseys honey and ginger mmmmmm