advice

Options
fatchambes
fatchambes Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
So been doing this for 2 weeks.

First week 3 pound weight loss.

Second week was very good indeed. Was slightly under the allocated calories and worked up 2900 calories from exercise. Pretty much the same as the first week with exercise and diet. But no weight loss.

Does this work or is it another faddy thing?

Will be so dishearteded as really am giving it my all.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

eating at a moderate deficit and doing exercise does work...

did you put the weight on in 2 weeks? no? then it wont come off in 2 weeks either!
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You will always have a better weight loss the first week or two, depending on how heavy you are.This is because the first thing you lose are your glycogen stores from the liver, which are bound up with lots of fluid, so you lose fluid weight too. When I was extremely heavy and started a diet before I lost 16lbs the first week, and no way was that all fat!
    Anecdotally, many people report a slowing or plateau of weight loss when they start exercising, but persevere and it should start coming off again.Good luck!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options

eating at a moderate deficit and doing exercise does work...

did you put the weight on in 2 weeks? no? then it wont come off in 2 weeks either!

So True^^^

I have done quite well just following MFP guidelines.

Here is some good info
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    what those guys said^^

I have been here about 3 months. it's been a journey, quite the journey. there were days that i was ready to give up (like every other diet i've been on) but something made me stick to it and I'm glad that i did. For each and every person it is a different journey - some of us lose faster, some slower, but the bottom line is that [if you follow the program] it does work.

what about this makes you think it's a fad? this is old-school dieting, simple. eat less, count your calories, exercise. eat what you want in moderation, pay attention to portion sizes.

also - make sure to take photos of yourself and measure yourself. it's not just about the scale. i see the difference in my clothing, i have already retired 1 pair of slacks and two jeans (one of them was very new:sad: ) and hope to fit into my next size (was 22-24, now in 20s and almost ready for 18s) soon.
  • xxhawk68xx
    xxhawk68xx Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 yrs of not caring to get where i am, but hey im on the right track now.. Be patient it will happen just do what your doing:)

Tips invest in a food scale and a tape measure! Best to things i have bought in a long time and a lot mor accurate.
  • fatchambes
    Options
    thanks everyone.

i just wanted to check that it works. Being relatively new.

I don't expect it to drop off and as we all know it doesn't go on in an instant. Have found it relativly straight forward so hope to continue.

Thanks for the support and helpful link.

Good luck everyone else. It is always helpful to hear other peoples stories.
This discussion has been closed.