Activity Trackers?

Options
Hi All,

I'm interested in investing in an activity tracker of some description. I like the look of the Fitbit Flex and the Basis Band, in fact I would probably go for the Basis Band over the Fitbit because it monitors heart rate also. However the Basis Band is not yet available in the UK.

Are they worth the money?

Do you have one? If yes which one and what are your thoughts on it?

I do want one that monitors sleep as well as overall activity levels. I want one because I am quite active through work and don't log that in any way, just log specific exercise sessions.

Many thanks,

Charlie

Replies

• MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Rigi8
    Rigi8 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi I have a fitbit One and think it is great. it has given me that added push to achieve the targets I set, so it owrks for me. It stops the need to calculating on mfp the amount of calories used whilst exercising as when you sync you are automatically given a calorie adjustment.

You should only be using this as a guide though as obviously some exercises cannot register the true amount of effort being exerted ie kettle bells or spinning. Also logging sleep patterns are only a guide because once you are still in bed it will think you are asleep.
  • MaryanVigus
    Options
    Hi I have the 'flex' wrist strap which I find much easier and more user friendly than the 'one' which I first purchased; but it is just great and really does give me more incentive in all ways. Really do recommend it alongside 'myfitnesspal'...... I almost feel in competition with myself which is just what I need to give me that addition 'kick' to keep going.... along with the links with my friends. Just brilliant!
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia CORE and LOVE It!! I also just noticed its on sale this month ;)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One. LOVE it! I opted for the One because it's discreet. I don't like the ugly bracelets. The One hooks right onto my bra or can go in my pocket.