need new friends, love running!

Options
I love fitness and have a newfound joy for running. Recently lost 40 lbs and trying to keep it off. Need friends to help me stay motivated!!

Replies

• Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Great job and MFP is a great place to find support. Good Luck!
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I lost around 30 lbs so far (15 of which on MFP) and I looove running too, though I am a relative newbie (just worked up to 5k again)
  • crazyratlady1981
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! Well done. It's brilliant when you find an excersise you love to do. Keep it up :-) xx
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Howdy, I'm down 32.5 lbs this year and I love running too! Feel free to add me. Good luck! Great loss!
  • bartonjack
    bartonjack Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good morning Stephanie! I'm always excited to meet peole who love to run. I've just started running again in the last 3 months. I had stopped early in the year as I was having a left calf problem, but it is good now. I've been running 3 miles clips, but last Saturday I started running 4 miles. So I'm trying to step it up. I have done a few 1/2 and full marathons in the past, but it's been a while. Stephanie, have you ever thought about going that distance? I'd love to be a friend, so we can talk running and anything else.
  • srevels85
    srevels85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me. I'm a running junkie as well as doing some cross training. But my goals are all running related. Good luck on your journey!
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love running and have lost close to 30 pounds! Trying to maintain it now.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want/like.
    Lost lots of weight myself and have become a running fool this year. As opposed to the regular fool I have always been! :-)
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    OP, got your request! Anyone else can add me too. My goal for this year was to run a 5K without walk breaks, and I did that in July! I was expecting to do that in the fall. Then I revised my goal - run a 10k this fall. I did an 8k race on Sunday, and plan on doing a few 10k's this fall. Next year: half marathon! I am slow, but want to improve that too after I get used to the longer distance.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been maintaining for over a year, and am a runner - training for my third HM right now. Lost 35 pounds on MFP, 50 total.
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Feel free to add me. Do lots of running, wouldn't say that i love it, i go out whinge about it and then feel pretty good about it once i have finished lol. Then go out and do it all again.
    Doing the Great North Run next month.

Kat
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 48 lbs since February and all with running. I worked up to a 5K at first and now have worked up to 10k. I want to keep running but don't know that I'm interested in a half....but 10k is fine by me :) Would love some running friends to chat running with. I also want to make sure this weight stays gone. I still have more weight to lose but getting there :) I'm interested to know what happens as I get closer to my goal weight and the weight comes off slower....advice is always welcomed.