Is it all about the net? Can I walk so that I can eat?

Options
124»

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I don't have time nor the desire for a complex diet and I am too cheap to use a diet service such as Weigh Watchers or Nutrisystems. I do like goals, numbers, and technology so MFP seems to be a great fit for me. Is it fair to say that in order to loose weight it's all about net calories...no more or less complicated than that? Is it a crazy thought process to think that I will walk in the morning, eat a low calorie breakfast and lunch so that I have "saved" calories for the evening that I can "spend" on a couple beers and pizza and still be at or below my goal for the day. I was going to start walking on the treadmill 15 minutes a day but using MFP I saw that 30 minutes would allow me several more calories for the day so now I am walking 30 minutes so I can bank more calories...is that ok? In other words does it make sense to walk more to eat more?

This is what I do..every day. The only reason I walk at all is so I can eat more :P Just remember that you have to make sure that what you are 'earning' from the walk is accurate. I have a fitbit so I know my burns are pretty close. I usually burn between 500-900 calories a day walking around.

I net 1500 and eat probably @2300 a day or so. Good for you for keeping it simple - just do it ;)
  • Pollyanna75
    Options
    My nutritionist had told me that the calories you burn from excercise should not be included in the calories you take in a day from food.
This discussion has been closed.