Turned 40...Time to be FABULOUS - NOT a Fatty!

Options

Replies

• martini217
    Options
    WOW...can I just say THANK YOU to everyone who already posted their support and let me know that I'm not ALONE in this?!!! Got some great people on here! Please add me as a friend! :) I'm excited to think that my 40's will prove to be better than my previous years!! And I will certainly utilize all that this site has to offer! Again...Thank you for your kind words...they made my day!!! :)
  • Riggers1612
    Riggers1612 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Coming up to 40 very soon, just discovered this app lasts week and feeling quite good about the future. Looking for friends on here to help keep me motivated. First time I have tried to loose weight in almost 40 years.

Anyone know how I put one of those weight loss pics at the bottom of my post
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I quality.. Anyone can add me. :happy:
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    37 here...want to say I'm feeling 25 these days, but my twenties were a complete fat-addled mess. :|

Let's just say I'm feeling awesome. :) almost 50 down, another 50 to go.

You can do this!
  • martini217
    Options
    You've lost 50 lbs? That's amazing!!! Feel free to add me - and please...give me any suggestions or secrets to your success! :)
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    You've lost 50 lbs? That's amazing!!! Feel free to add me - and please...give me any suggestions or secrets to your success! :)

Yep...just about 50 so far. :)

Suggestions and 'secrets' forthcoming...I think the biggest secret is that it really isn't all that hard. :)
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'll be there with you in 10 short days! Feel free to add me if you'd like!

I started the year with a particular goal, but refined that goal when I had a health issue early in the year. But I'm very happy with where I'm at and where I'm continuing to head towards. No time like the present! :)
  • queenwildcat
    Options
    Best of luck with your goals.

Because I turned forty this year, I decided to get fabulous (AKA healthy) this year as well! Since starting in January, I have dropped 78 pounds. I would like to lose another 30 or so. Please feel free to add me. After all, fabulous is more fun with friends! :)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Rolling up on 42....took the fitness seriously as I approached 40 myself. Didn't have a ton of weight to lose, but I lost it. I went from non-athlete non-exercising to training for my first full marathon (after I hit the big 4-2). So far, 40's have been awesome. :-)
  • martini217
    Options
    That is amazing!!! And inspirational for sure! :)
  • Danimal718
    Danimal718 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'll be 42 this year. I'm not sure about the outside but inside I feel like I'm 20

I'm the same way. Turned 42 on the 16th.
  • tamstew20
    tamstew20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    46 and feeling fabulous, strength training and a high protein low carb diet works for me. good luck!
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    40 this past January....feel free to add :) Welcome!
  • teabeeten
    teabeeten Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 was a big part of my original reason for joining MFP too. Welcome to MFP and to 40!
  • joe617617
    Options
    Bumpity Bump
  • csnurse1972
    Options
    :happy: Turned 41 in April- but I feel you with the whole now is the time thing. Tired of being overweight- embarressed to see people- I have a family reunion this weekend and I just don't want to go. At all. Caroe Diem.
  • grcabral
    grcabral Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and want to be FABULOUS as well, add me if you would like, I sure need some friends in MFP.:happy:
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You don't look fat on your pic, you look amazing.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    your looking great
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Turned 42 on the 3rd of August...feel pretty fabulous but was well on my way to looking ptetty fatty LOL! Then, like you, decided"NOT gonna happen!"