165 lbs down!

Options
donohoe4
donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
59d512ff-130a-426c-9dd9-7f13c01ca8bb_zpsb27ee550.jpg

On behalf of Transformation Tuesday, I decided it's time to post my pictures. I began my journey in November 2011 and am still working as my goals keep changing. As of today, I have lost 165 pounds and could not be happier with my lifestyle change. When I began, I was a severe diabetic (4+ shots/day) with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Today, I am so happy to report that I take 1 shot/WEEK, no blood pressure meds and no cholesterol meds! I have 2 young daughters and I need to be around for them and I need to teach them how to live a healthy lifestyle.

There is no magic to my journey. It has actually been quite a roller coaster ride, but I wouldn't change it for anything! It can be done and if you are sitting there second guessing yourself, just start doing. Little steps at a time. Some days are hard, some are easy, but no two are alike, but it is so worth it. You can do it!

My favorite quote - "I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it!"

Replies

• Ryane726
    Ryane726 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an amazing accomplishment!!

Can you elaborate on how you've gotten to this point? I'd love to hear about your journey. What worked? What didn't work?
  • carlywifeybrown
    carlywifeybrown Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wowzers! You look absolutely stunning - check out those defined thighs! Well done you :)
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    That is awesome and you look beautiful! I love your hair btw
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!! You look great!!! :drinker:
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    FAAAAAAANTASTIC!
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Way to go. Looking great.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look so healthy and beautiful!
  • supposedtobeapril
    supposedtobeapril Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an amazing accomplishment!!

Can you elaborate on how you've gotten to this point? I'd love to hear about your journey. What worked? What didn't work?

Thank you!! At first, I joined the local gym, no real diet change. I started very slowly because that is all I could do. The first day, I did the elliptical for 20 minutes and thought I was going to die. I went 5 days a week and slowly but surely got better. All I did for the first 10 months or so was cardio. By then, I had changed my diet and started counting calories. I never told myself that I couldn't have something. If I wanted ice cream, I counted it.

Now, I lift and do cardio. Most of my cardio is HIIT. I also am trying to build muscle now, so I eat a lot of protein, both shakes and food sources. I eat to hit macros now instead of calories. I still don't deny myself anything though. :-)
  • dottylois
    Options
    WOW!!!!! You look amazing!!! :happy:
  • trishl2011
    trishl2011 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look Great!!
  • oDDnySS
    oDDnySS Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    AMAZING transformation!!!!!!!! You should be so proud of yourself- that was no easy feat, and you look PHENOMENAL!!! :-)
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    wow what an amazing story!!! Congrats on everything! You have truly done an amazing job! and you look beautiful! the work you have done here has truly paid off! :smile:
  • nicnicbell78
    nicnicbell78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Such an inspiration!
  • Coach_T
    Coach_T Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    you look great. love the progress
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Amazing and fantastic! Your kids will enjoy your new found energy for sure! Keep up the great work and maintain....:flowerforyou:
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Congratulations on your success :smile:
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and I commend you for caring enough for your children to change yourself. Now that you have lived the difference I am sure you wouldn't revert to your old life style regardless of the reason. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • dmgelinas
    dmgelinas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look like a whole different person!!! You look FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for posting! Such an inspiration! Keep it up! love to see you in this thread again when you're done!
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You look about 20 years younger in the after photo. Well done! Congrats on all your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!