New and looking for support....

TBHunter
TBHunter Posts: 28
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all!

I am new to my fitness pal!

I am a 21 year old that has been having an on going battle with my weight for the past 8 years...it crazy hard for me to keep weight off, and as the older I get it getting harder to get it off! I eat healthy and am very active but it keeps coming back....I plan on getting it off this time and keeping it off!

I love the outside, animals and my family and friends! I have 2 horses that I love to death, as well as a cat and....ekk, 5 pet rats. I live with my loving and very supporting boyfriend. And I am studying Enviromental science.

I hope to find people here that can relate to me an can help me theses trying times!

Replies

• platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP! This is a great site to help you meet your goals... awesome and supportive people! Good luck with your journey... if you need a buddy, I'm here. :-)
  • IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Hello,
    I am new too! I opened an account less than a week ago. I just want to get rid of a few pounds and maintain my weight. I think this page is awesome!!! Nice to see someone new as well! Good luck!! :smile:
  • I there - I am new to myfitnesspal, have tried writing down and tracking calories before and it worked, however was hard to keep up with my little book. I love the iphone app w/this site and am finding it much easier to use. Thanks and good luck
  • Welcome! Im sure you will be able to reach your fitness goals. Friend me if you would like. I would love to help you on your fitness journey
    -Doreen
  • Welcome hunny! Great support here at MFP! I am always looking for friends. This site is fantastic. :0)
  • Hi, New as well from NV :happy: ; loosing weight in the first place is really hard, even if you don't have much to lose. Keeping it off is hard too. I know what you mean, though...I'm in the same place and I'm 27. I actually started working on managing my weight about 1 year ago. I was 150-160 lbs, and that's not a good place to be for someone my size. I'd be at my goal already but I did a lot of stupid things trying to loose weight, so I ended up having to stop altogether for a while. The simple fact of the matter is doing it the healthy way is really the only way if you want any thing permanent, and most people on this website seem to know a LOT more than the average person about doing it the right way. Not to mention the list of foods / calories is extremely helpful. Bravo for joining up and way to stick with it. Good luck :-)
This discussion has been closed.