Is anyone doing the HCG diet???

13»

Replies

• RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Not currently but I did 2 yrs ago, lost 40 lbs in 21 days and kept it off until recently. My weight only came back because I was eating like crap. You will get sick of eating the same things but its so incredibly worth it. Your hunger will go away by day 3-5. Do Not Stray from the diet. My diet was only 3 weeks long. I did not exercise until day 22 when I went off the diet and maintained my weight which was very easy to do. Don't let anyone discourage you!

This is horrible advise. Please dont listen to this!!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    NO, but I am going to try the unicorn/fairy dust diet? Any takers...

Me!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkOVFHQo-b5x85Ckl4yWw5Qj8SkrDcLstEhL-yWh9_ZgGgtv9Z
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    There's a sucker born every minute
  • amysparson
    amysparson Posts: 4 Member
    Please don't be snarky. It's so unattractive.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Thanks everyone for your feedback (except for those who were snarky..I'm an adult, and not stupid). I am NOT going the shots route, just the supplement and restricted diet BUT I am also adding vitamins and protein shakes, and will exercise. I just wanted to know others' experience with it as well as becoming friends with anyone who has done it. I understand that nothing is better than diet and exercise, so I am not going to starve myself. Just looking for a jump start.
    This paragraph is proof that you do not care what anyone had to say against the idea. You only want someone who agrees so no matter what the otherside provides as a better option you are still going to go with something that is highly not recommended.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    It is extremely unhealthy and damaging to your body. Living off of only 500 calories is dangerous and this diet has lead to death.

http://www.fox19.com/story/22797857/fox19-investigates-hcg-diet-blamed-for-killing-west-chester-mom

what about consuming only 500 calories intrigues you? Starving yourself intrigues you?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Please don't be snarky. It's so unattractive.

So is what this diet does to people. :laugh: (see my earlier post about how my friend looked after)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Thanks everyone for your feedback (except for those who were snarky..I'm an adult, and not stupid). I am NOT going the shots route, just the supplement and restricted diet BUT I am also adding vitamins and protein shakes, and will exercise. I just wanted to know others' experience with it as well as becoming friends with anyone who has done it. I understand that nothing is better than diet and exercise, so I am not going to starve myself. Just looking for a jump start.

Ah, so you're just indoctrinated in the culture of "instant gratification" with your jump start? Unfortunately (or fortunately) for you, HCG in all forms has been shown to be incredibly unsafe and deemed so by the MFP mods as well. I'll be reporting your thread. Hopefully your first forum warning will be a warning to your health.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member

If you are looking for a Jump start there are plenty of other safe products on the market! Save your money on something harmful and research other "cleanses"
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    MGTYSJ5.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

Are you talking about the drops? Those don't actually have any HCG in them. They're homeopathic, which means diluted to the point that there's no HCG left.
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    IN before the lock and delete!!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    I just don't get what's so hard about time, hard work and dedication. Oh yeah, they require people to actually do something.

just so you don't think I'm "snarky" here's a kitten for you.

tumblr_lmcm8jHcnE1qjj9spo1_500.gif
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member

Being smart would be making the decision to go a different route completely. Restricting to a diet that consists of only 500 calories even short-term is unhealthy, especially if you're exercising. With exercise, you are working off those 500 calories and living off nothing. Last I knew, living off nothing leads to death.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    I just don't get what's so hard about time, hard work and dedication. Oh yeah, they require people to actually do something.

just so you don't think I'm "snarky" here's a kitten for you.

tumblr_lmcm8jHcnE1qjj9spo1_500.gif

thats offensive!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.