Anyone use Ground Flaxseed?

Options
2»

Replies

• DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    FYI my nutritionist said to store flax seed in the freezer after opening or it will start to lose its nutrients.
    On my bag of milled flaxseed, it states to store it in the refrigerator after opening.
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I mixed 1tbs of flaxseed + 1tbs of oat bran with milk as porridge.
    I use to add a drop of vanilla essence but I'm happy to have it without now. It fills me up for hours!
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I make muffins with it:

4 tbsp. flaxseed meal
    1 egg
    1 tsp butter / oil
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp truvia
    baking powder (can't remember the amount)

Mix together in small microwavable bowl, pop it in for 1 minute and good to go.

I put cream cheese on mine, but you can add all kinds of toppings. You can also add fruits and/or nuts to the muffin while it's cooking. I've been think of trying some apple bits. Really you can do anything.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I put it in my oatmeal, yogurt and I also add it to my pancake batter.
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump... I didn't know about the egg replacement thing. I love that!
  • jackso11
    jackso11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I put it in just about everything, coffee, oatmeal, baked goods. I put the whole seeds on salad. It's good for high cholesterol and a dash of it on some of the things you're eating throughout the day can't hurt!
  • Angeladuckworth72
    Angeladuckworth72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Flax meal in my hamburgers to help us all digest the red meat better. All good times, keep posting.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I kind of just sprinkle it in soft serve food, i.e. yogurt, hot cereal, etc. although I did try it on some pizza yesterday. But I really just eat it on mooshy foods lol But also salads.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I just started using ground Flaxseed in hope to help me get and stay more regular. My question s how much should I be using? I have whole Flax and I ground it in my coffee grinder. I have been sprinkling it on my yogurt but I would be interested in hearing other ways to eat it as well.

I use between 1 and 2 tbs depending on how much milk and yogurt I am using in my smoothie. Add 1 tbs of coconut oil and you will be regular and very smooth. Since I have started using CO, I am amazed at the difference - some times twice per day.
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I make muffins with it:

4 tbsp. flaxseed meal
    1 egg
    1 tsp butter / oil
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp truvia
    baking powder (can't remember the amount)

Mix together in small microwavable bowl, pop it in for 1 minute and good to go.

I put cream cheese on mine, but you can add all kinds of toppings. You can also add fruits and/or nuts to the muffin while it's cooking. I've been think of trying some apple bits. Really you can do anything.

One minute muffin HOLLA loooooooooooooove them! It's 1/2 a tsp baking powder and I use Rumford reduced sodium and add 47g of blueberries and 25g of ground flax (you can just grind whole flax seed in the your grinder/vitamix/blender instead of buying seperate flax meal. They are delicious and make you poop like a champ -_^