Gym??

Options
P3MK
P3MK Posts: 23
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Do you think that you would be able to get more tonned and back into shape by joining a gym? Or, it is just as good to use DVD's and walking outside?

What dod you think is the best options?

Replies

• stellad1984
    Options
    i do both , i go the gym 1-2 times a week sometimes more if i have time, and the rest of the time i do a dvd at home or some boxing with my fiance :) just try loads of different things till u find the ones u enjoy most
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

To tone up ur body! u will def need weightlifting and strength training! walking outside will only help u get ride of the extra weight and fat...so if u have dumbbells or free weights! u can do it at home! If u want my opinion! GYM will be the best choice! u will see and meet many other ppl who will motivate u as well!!

Just try to do whatever u like to do and which will keep u motivated :) !

<--- this man get bored faster when I workout at home or using home DVDs!!! I have to release the beast inside me in jogging and GYM :)

Good luck!!

Tal
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Do you think that you would be able to get more tonned and back into shape by joining a gym? Or, it is just as good to use DVD's and walking outside?

What dod you think is the best options?

If you want to retain lean body mass while dieting I highly suggest lifting and lifting heavy. So you probably need a gym.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yep, heavyish weights - may be worth buying your own set of dumbbells and barbells for home or joining a gym - whatever suits best. I would say gym might be more fun as you can mix it up and do classes and things as well then!

If you're at home with weights you can find different exercises on youtube to follow :)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    The best option is to do what is most appealing and sustainable for you. I personally do both. I love working out at home--it's fast and I don't have to go anywhere. I also love going to the gym, as I like to get out, be around other people, and the gym has all sorts of equipment I couldn't possibly have in my own flat.

I train with kettlebells and bodyweight exercises at home, and lift weights at the gym.
  • meredith2780
    Options
    Do what works for you. I personally workout at home and use a weight program,T25 and kickboxing. I wouldn't be where I am now without them. If you like going to the gym then go but if you like home workouts they are just as good.:)
  • P3MK
    P3MK Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

:smile:
  • treehugginmom
    treehugginmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use them all. I only go to the gym a couple times a week, but I also use weight lifting video (Kelly Coffey Meyer who will KICK YO BUTT!), treadmill, swimming laps, and nordic track. I walk/run in the fall and winter, summer's out as I live in the desert. I think having a variety of different things to do (but the routine of it all stays the same, ie. walking on Monday Wed and Fri, gym Tue and Thur, etc) will keep you motivated and from getting bored. Great music on your mp3 helps ALOT too, lol.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    i do both , i go the gym 1-2 times a week sometimes more if i have time, and the rest of the time i do a dvd at home or some boxing with my fiance :) just try loads of different things till u find the ones u enjoy most

Regarding the boxing: do you have a punching bag, just bought one, need to purchase some gloves?
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I use both. I have a medicine ball, Kettlebell and some free weights at home along with some DVD's. I really like going to the gym though.
This discussion has been closed.