Options
    whats wrong ?
  • Raina0512
    Options
    We're all here to listen :flowerforyou:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I have panic attacks and I worry about crazy things(like literally i want to talk to someone but i dont want people to think im crazy)
    Ive been on celexa for almost a year and ive been doing good. Once in a while ill start to have an attack but it will go away. But this week its been getting stronger and last night I had a panic attack and Im starting to feel one coming on now and I just want someone to tell me im not crazy i guess. ughhh
  • mizzougirl84
    Options
    My hectic lifestyle causes me to have anxiety. It's been really bad over the past 6 months. I'm here if you wanna talk! You can even message me at this site! :) Hang in there.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I get anxiety too. Never on a regular basis and it doesn't ever seem to be for a specific reason. Sometimes it is but usually it's just because. I'm here to talk if you wanna add me.
  • katkat987
    katkat987 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has an anxiety disorder and he let himself get to the point where he couldn't even leave the house. Best thing to do is see a doctor, he got different anti depressants and beta blockers, aswell as counselling sessions and now he's doing so well. I'm really proud of him. I know it takes a long time to get through these things, and i've seen how hard it can be for him. So i hope you can kick your doctors butt into gear and get the help you deserve x
  • katrinavw
    Options
    I get anxiety SO BAD. I always worry about things that I really shouldn't even be worried about. And its always simple tasks too, I always find them so scary to do, and my anxiety takes over and doesn't allow me to do things the right way or doesn't let me do them at all :( I know how you feel.
  • amanda30ronan
    Options
    more ppl than u will ever know suffer from anxiety/panic attacks , u certianly arent crazy hun x
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hang in there girl! YOU ARE NOT CRAZY!!! I also suffer from anxiety attacks. They are horrible and I really feel your pain! Remember to breathe through them and know that the feeling will eventually pass.

I really would suggest going to see a counselor and your family doctor. Most likely your body is changing and you may need to readjust your meds, esp since you've been taking them more than a year. Sometimes you need to switch it up to get your body balanced out again.

You are not crazy! YOU ARE NOT CRAZY!!!

It's tough but I know you can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend and message if you need more help!

Good luck sweetie! :flowerforyou:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    anxiety and panic attacks can be very scary. you don't know what to do and sometimes feel like you are out of control. I saw a very good therapist who basically cured me from having so many of them. Just her telling me to change the way I was thinking was about all it took. My issues were with being alone, dying ( I almost drown at age 7). I think the worse thing about them is all the horrible feelings and sensations your body experiences. It is so very scary. Know that you will be ok and it WILL pass. Having someone to talk to WILL help..even hold your hand. Again, we are all here for you....((((hugs))))
  • redkimono
    Options
    I suffer from anxiety and am on Abilify. Hang in there, you WILL be okay. Hugs:flowerforyou:
  • andimarie10
    Options
    Hey there!

I also get terrible anxiety attacks, they come periodically (I haven't had one in almost a year) but for me the fear of having another bad one always keeps me anxious! When I am having a bad one it makes me feel that I am totally crazy too, especially if you talk with someone who has no idea what they are! I am available anytime, for messages or whatever, just let me know!! It helps for me to say "this to will pass" than breathe slowly & deeply...it sounds kinda dumb but it works for me.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have been there, my panic attacks are not too severe and I have found that cutting out caffeine, exercise and healthy diet have helped me quite a lot. Know that you are not crazy, that we are all here to help you, and that you should feel better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Anxiety is a hard thing to deal with . WIth help you can learn to deal with it.

My anxiety is based on fear....fear of dying, fear of something happening to my kids or husband....and random things....some days were so bad I would have physical symptoms....I would have a creepy crawly warm sensation from the top of my head all the way down my arm, followed by numbness, heart palpitations, a twitchy eye.... I litterally felt sick..... made me feel like I was dying (but I know I am perfectly fine)

Now I talk about things...with friends, family or strangers...when you share things seem less BIG and SCARY....I try to control how I feel instead of everything controlling me....I learned that those thoughts were not logical...and now I try to think things through and talk things through as well....

I am here to listen to you if you need to :)

Cynthia
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    oh my - that would hav been me who rote that! Its not a nice feeling is it! IV just finished an online CBT course, learnt lots of useful tips :) but still, some days are really hard.
  • rachelcordova
    Options
    I've gone through bouts of anxiety and panic attacks, so I can relate. I struggle a lot with social situations, there are times when it's been kinda crippling to my friendships and it makes me feel lonely. I've found that it really helps me to talk about it, helps alleviate the stress it causes a little bit. There are so many caring people on MFP, I hope you can find some comfort knowing that there are people here to listen and help you through things the best they can. Having a support group can make a big difference.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    For me my fear is money. or lack of it. I am very happy being a SAHM and homeschooling my kids and the fear that we keep sinking deeper and deeper in the hole freaks me out. I have a bachelor of science in nursing and I know that I could go out and get a job paying $25.00 + per hour but I don't want to leave the kids or change the lifestyle. My husband lost his job two years ago and that is sort of how I found MFP. My spiritual director told me I needed to start exercising instead of taking two extra strength zantac per day. My hair was falling out and I kept experiencing this creepy crawly heat sensation that would start at the top of my head and like ice water that made me sweat run down my whole body (adrenaline).

So, exercising has helped a lot. Prayer and quite meditation helps me. Being pro-active and facing my problems head on helps, too. Talking it out.

This past week has been really hard for me. I have been having those adrenaline rushes 4 or 5 times per day and not sleeping.

Hang in there. It is good that you have a doctor. I agree, see if you need a new prescription.

the whole thing is sort of embarrassing. I have even thought of deleting this whole post.

Take care!!!

D