BUSTED: Loosing weight in the wrong places...

Options
Ladies, anyone else losing bust as they lose weight? If so, what exercises are you doing to help perk the girls back up? Is it even possible? :(

Replies

• monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    a goooooooooooood supportive bra. Weight will leave your body from where it wants to. Apparently we don't get a choice.

as long as it leaves, frankly, i'm good with that.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Ladies, anyone else losing bust as they lose weight? If so, what exercises are you doing to help perk the girls back up? Is it even possible? :(

You can't spot reduce, breasts being mainly fat it's normal that we lose some.
    In my case the bench press helped me perk them up a bit. But I'm a small B so I might not be the best reference lol
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I wish I was losing in the bust area. My cup size never changes. Ever.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ha! I don't know what I was expecting, but for some reason I didn't think this was going to be about the girls...sometimes things go straight over my head!

Anyhow, not really sure what advice to offer you. Lifting weights will strengthen and potentially enlarge the muscles beneath them, but breast tissue itself is a whole different entity. Good luck.
  • atlchc8
    atlchc8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    YES! My boobs definitely got smaller. I do chest flys and that's supposed to help build the pectoral muscles beneath the breast to make them perkier.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

Good news! If your cup size never changes, you ARE losing. Just evenly. The cup size is the ratio of the measurement of under the root of the breast and the measurement over the fullest part of your breast. If your cup size remains the same but your band measurement is shrinking, you are losing a little bit of volume :)
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    you can do chest exercises (push-ups, bench press, dumbbell flyes, that sort of thing) to help build the muscle behind the breasts, but that's all really. It's not uncommon to have a reduction in breast size since they are made up of mostly of fat cells.
  • mamatooboys
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs just working out before I started MFP. Im a busty girl but have been noticing a big change in that area...not in a good way. I will try some of the pectoral exercises and really focus on that area for a while and see if I can make the girls happy again... they just seem so "down" lately. Thanks for your replies! :embarassed:
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I've been saying bye to my boobs one D at a time. I do bench presses, try to do push ups once in awhile too. I have hope that a cup will be there but my main goal at my age is that the nips are at least pointing forward :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Pec Fly and Chest Press
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well, You need to get a good sports bra. if you are over DD, then you are going to have a hard time. I wear a Enell sports bra. It does a fabulous job at supporting but its rather cumbersome and expensive. The other thing is focus on your pectoral and back muscles. So that means push ups, Dead lifts, bench presses,
    and pull ups type exercises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MXE0e_C8hF4
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Maybe this links works better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXE0e_C8hF4
  • mamatooboys
    Options
    wow. Ladies, you are ALL Awesome! Such a wonderful response. THIS is why i LOVE MFP. Thank you each for taking time to respond.
  • mamatooboys
    Options
    Maybe this links works better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXE0e_C8hF4

OH LOVE THIS!!!!! Thank you!!!! :bigsmile:
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Enell sports bras (I'm a size 36G), and they are SO UNCOMFORTABLE! Plus very expensive and they are so tight you feel like you can't breathe. Another suggestion I have for you that works and is SUPER comfortable is Moving Comfort sports bras. I have the Fiona style. I bought 4 of them and they are so comfortable that I actually wear them around the house and even sleep in them. And they are supportive enough that I can even jog and do jumping jacks in them.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a C cup to an A. Nothing I can do about it. I asked if it would take it off my backside...but no such luck. I am learning to live with it. At least I can fit into things I could never do before and I never bounce anymore when I am running.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Good news! If your cup size never changes, you ARE losing. Just evenly. The cup size is the ratio of the measurement of under the root of the breast and the measurement over the fullest part of your breast. If your cup size remains the same but your band measurement is shrinking, you are losing a little bit of volume :)

The bad size does change. I have gone from a 38G to a 34G on the tightest hook. But I still am a G cup.....:grumble:
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    I've tried the Enell sports bras (I'm a size 36G), and they are SO UNCOMFORTABLE! Plus very expensive and they are so tight you feel like you can't breathe. Another suggestion I have for you that works and is SUPER comfortable is Moving Comfort sports bras. I have the Fiona style. I bought 4 of them and they are so comfortable that I actually wear them around the house and even sleep in them. And they are supportive enough that I can even jog and do jumping jacks in them.

i LOVE the NATORI sports bras...very supportive and super comfortable!
  • mamatooboys
    Options
    AWESOME! I was actually going to ask about sports bras next!
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Tagging for the sports bra information!