UGW: 136 (and normal weight range)
Large Frame
Starting size: 22
Current Size: 13/14

So this is me, one year after baby #1, before I got pregnant with Baby #2

Dec2009.jpg

When baby #2 was about 2 months, this is how my face looked

IMG_2339.jpg

At Easter, baby #2 was around 7 months, I had lost a little weight (hardly enough to count) while my husband was deployed. This is how that looked. (you'll notice the "236" trend...I may have been even heavier than that in some of these, but that's the number that I saw when I started on the right path, so I count anything before that as 236)
fat.jpg

I kept being fat and lazy for awhile.

November 2012, I decided THAT'S IT!! Baby #2 was 2 years old. I started giving it a real good effort, learning as much as I could, exercising all different kinds of ways, and truly enjoying every step of the way.

Then this magical thing happened.
I started feeling more confident. I started loving life a bit more.
Whatever it was that made me stick with a plan past one week, then two, then a month, then a few months, and now for THIS LONG, I am super grateful for that thing, whatever it was.

Today I weighed myself and saw 185.8. I had a miniature celebration dance with my two-year-old (the big one was still asleep), and then we ate our yogurt and decided that we're been pretty awesome and should share our pictures. This is how we looked over the past 9ish months:

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00898.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

And this is now:

IMG_3982.jpg

null-1.jpg

null.jpg

As silly as it seems, my little ones have been my biggest supporters, encouragement givers, and motivators. I'm so proud to do this for a better future with them.

This has been a huge learning experience, with a lot of curves and hills along the road, but I wanted to thank those of you who continually post in the forums answering questions (over and over again) and helping explain how your plans have worked. I have relied a lot on your information and am very grateful to have learned from you.

I still have quite a ways to go before I'll be in the "healthy weight range". The only thing that's for sure is that I'll keep on keeping on, no matter how long it takes, no matter how many roadblocks come my way. I got this. :)

Replies

• slhass10
    slhass10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!! You look great!
  • Antoine112
    Antoine112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You've done pretty well! Looking really great too!
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job! Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
  • CoozyRoo
    CoozyRoo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Excellent work and great progress, you look so much younger too!
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Excellent work and great progress, you look so much younger too!

I like younger. :) haha. Thank you very much.
  • sinca21
    sinca21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am just joining back after my second baby and I'm at about your starting weight now. Reading your post is great inspiration!
  • dbletwins
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • HeinekenMan
    HeinekenMan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great job! You have a pretty face to begin with. But there is a glow that appears as I look through those photos. The smile gets bigger, too! Congrats! Keep on truckin'!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You look great, well done.
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome!!!!

You give me so much hope because we have similar amounts of weight to lose and are close in height (I am 5' and goal weight is 120, weight is presently 182) and - forgive me if this is too much info - we have similar body shapes.

But this is about YOU --- Cheers and happy dance for you all the day!!!
  • Autazell
    Autazell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!! Great job, you do 'got this'!!!!
  • bmskid
    Options
    Wow. Great job! You have a pretty face to begin with. But there is a glow that appears as I look through those photos. The smile gets bigger, too! Congrats! Keep on truckin'!

Thank you, that's very sweet.
  • douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Looking great! You have done an amazing job and I see greater things coming. Keep up the outstanding hard work!
  • bmskid
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome!!!!

You give me so much hope because we have similar amounts of weight to lose and are close in height (I am 5' and goal weight is 120, weight is presently 182) and - forgive me if this is too much info - we have similar body shapes.

But this is about YOU --- Cheers and happy dance for you all the day!!!

Thank you, Nicole! We WILL get there. :) You've been doing so great sticking with it. Look how far you've already come. I'm proud of you and am so glad to have you as a friend.
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your story! You look awesome, what a difference! It's really inspiring b/c I started out at 237 and now I'm down to 190 and it seems like the lbs are coming off slower and slower now. It gets discouraging but it's nice to see others on the same journey and staying positive!
  • bmskid
    Options
    Great job! I am just joining back after my second baby and I'm at about your starting weight now. Reading your post is great inspiration!

I know it feels like so far to go, but the time will go by either way, right? May as well be making ourselves better while that time passes. Congratulations on having a baby. :) Babies are the best.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    great inspiration! you look great and i really like your figure, you have nice curves!
  • bmskid
    Options
    Thanks for your story! You look awesome, what a difference! It's really inspiring b/c I started out at 237 and now I'm down to 190 and it seems like the lbs are coming off slower and slower now. It gets discouraging but it's nice to see others on the same journey and staying positive!

Congratulations! You've done super well so far, so don't let anything stop you. :)
    It does get slower, for sure!! It took four months to get from 199-186. I had two big plateaus and that learning curve caught up to me. No matter how long it takes, nobody can say we didn't try!
  • bmskid
    Options
    great inspiration! you look great and i really like your figure, you have nice curves!

ha! Thank you so very much. I'm *trying* to learn to love my disproportionate self. Something I find funny: No matter how much I've lost, my hips are always 9-10 inches larger than my waist. Starting, hips were 55, waist was 45. Now, Hips are 45.5, waist is 35.5.
  • clearlyme
    Options
    OMG I so needed to see this today! I am also 5'2", large build, and my starting weight was 244. I'm 231 right now and get discouraged very easily, but everyone on mfp is really keeping me more committed than I have ever been. I remember being 180 7 years ago and actually being very comfortable with myself, so even though I won't stop there, I can't wait to BE there again and be comfortable in my own skin. Congrats! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!