Workout Videos on Netflix?

Options
I just wrapped up week one and want to up my activity while my enthusiasm is high. I travel for work so was hoping that I could leverage workout videos from Netflix while on the road. Does anyone have any favorite workout videos they would recommend that they got from netflix?

Replies

• katiekicks
    Options
    I haven't checked Netflix recently, but what about YouTube? I really like the Lionsgate BeFit channel. They have lots of great full workouts on there
  • Nicolette04
    Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't think they have streaming workout videos. My favorite free site is www.fitnessblender.com. They have everything from cardio to strength and in between and all free. But as someone else said youtube is an excellent source and amazon.com has great videos that you can download for a one time fee.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I've looked on Netflix & my searches came up empty, as stated, Youtube has some good ones
  • fitgirldanyel
    fitgirldanyel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The workout videos that I have tried on Netflix were boring to me. They seem somewhat outdated. There are definitely better choices and more variety online.
  • LizLearnstoRun
    LizLearnstoRun Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    youtube has great ones. fitnessblender or blogilates depending on your taste. If you have something like roku or 10 bucks to spare a month check out the gymbox http://thegymbox.com/ I have a subscription and have really liked it. I am to shy to try to use a real gym
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    The ones on Netflx, the streaming ones any way, were older and didn't really appeal to me. I agree with the others BeFit and Fitness Blender on You Tube would be your best bet.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Netflix took off their exercise videos a few years ago, grrrrrrrrrr.

I have to second the fitnessblender recommendation. www.fitnessblender.com They're free, there's a huge range of multiple types and hits all fitness levels.
  • mandyfkelley
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I like Power Yoga workout videos the best (I also travel a lot for work).

Trainer Bob's Warrior Yoga and Jillian Michaels Power Yoga...not sure if they are on Netflix but they sell between $8/$10.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    youtube has great ones. fitnessblender or blogilates depending on your taste. If you have something like roku or 10 bucks to spare a month check out the gymbox http://thegymbox.com/ I have a subscription and have really liked it. I am to shy to try to use a real gym

Roku does not have a monthly fee. You must have an extra subscription that you can view using Roku?
  • bethanderson7
    Options
    I usually purchase mine on Amazon and stream them through to my TV. You can do this using some blu ray players, I personally use a Playstation 3. The videos seem to be cheaper using this method than actually purchasing a DVD. I also like Melissa Bender's workouts that she posts to her website http://www.benderfitness.com/ . She has over 100 different videos and they are categorized by type.
  • marniesworld
    marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I used to swear by the workouts on Netflix, but around this time last year they took them down (Boo! Hiss!)

Thankfully I still had them in my queue (even though they wouldn't play) so I was able to get the names of my faves and find them on DVD on Amazing for less than $5 each.

I really liked the Crunch gym workouts and the different boot camp ones they had. A real shame they decided to take them down because they were great in helping you figure out what you like without committing right away!
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • LeanAmbitions
    Options

Roku does not have a monthly fee. You must have an extra subscription that you can view using Roku?

I think she meant that she had a subscription to the gym box.

Hulu has some, I believe. If you have HuluPlus. I'm not sure if they're on the free. But YouTube is definitely a great option. You can even find 30 Day Shred and stuff on there.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Netflix discontinued their fitness videos, but I highly recommend Pop Pilates with Cassie Ho on youtube
  • LizLearnstoRun
    LizLearnstoRun Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    correct you can preview the videos (4mins) or pay a fee via their website which links to the roku and watch the whole video
  • BDC44
    BDC44 Posts: 19
    Options
    bump