A whole new me.

Options
Maryssa_
Maryssa_ Posts: 17 Member
I've been overweight for as long as I can remember. Middle school wasn't so bad because I was pretty active. I played soccer, and softball. So some of my weight was muscle, but the other was just plain fat. I didn't have healthy eating habits and other than school sports I was lazy. When my freshman year came around I ended up quitting soccer, which was the worst mistake I could've ever made. I played soccer my whole life, and then gave up because I couldn't run a mile. With that I started to gain a little bit of weight, but not too much. Then the unthinkable happened... I lost my little cousin to a car accident.. That was the lowest point in my life. And soon after I really started to put on the pounds, and that continued into my sophomore year. Once my junior year came around I decided it was time for a change. I couldn't live that way anymore. It was time to live my life, so I began my weight loss journey.

It has been one heck of a ride, but I wouldn't change it for the world! I'm so proud of myself for how far I've come. I will admit I'm pretty hard on myself because I haven't reached my goal weight yet, but it takes time and I have nothing but that. I want to lose about maybe 10 more pounds, and I will be completely satisfied! Of course with losing all this weight people assume the worst. People tell me I have anorexia, that I'm starving myself, and that I shouldn't lose anymore weight because it'll be "gross". Well I'm sorry, this isn't your life, or your body. BUT, I won't let them stop me. :-)

Before: October 2011; 204
315931_258555340857214_219523576_n.jpg

After: June 2013; 138
1045016_540640032663449_1119524596_n-1.jpg

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    OMG.....You look great, so healthy!!! Congrats!!!
  • bsutherland3681
    bsutherland3681 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! I don't think you look anorexic, you look very healthy! Haters gonna hate. Congrats on your weight loss so far and best of luck to you on reaching your goal!!!
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. You look gorgeous (both before and after!). You're such an inspiration to the rest of us. Thank you for posting! You're awesome! Oh and I like what you said last, you're right. It is your life.
  • dbletwins
    Options
    You are adorable! Both before and after...but isn't it great getting healthy and knowing you have taken control, rather than letting negative life events take control? Congrats!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    You were attractive before, but damn. Fantastic.
    *Insert a string of other impressed adjectives.*
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Congratulations on your achievement :drinker:
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Great job Mary!!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Wtg, good job.
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah! You look absolutely fantastic! Great, great job!
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You look great, well done! I love your dress too :D
  • mcelysium
    mcelysium Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great job girl! I played soccer my whole life too, and I can totally relate to quitting it was a huge mistake.
  • lenka30
    lenka30 Posts: 5
    Options
    Amazing progress! You go, girl!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic now, but good luck achieving the body you want! You're doing great.
  • Kdickey44
    Kdickey44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    agreed. beautiful before and after but you look FABULOUS now!
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Wow! What a change! Way to take control of your life! Good luck in the rest of your journey!
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You were gorgeous before, now u r stunning!! Im at where you are, I find losing the last 10 pounds very difficult, taking my time.
  • Emerald5391
    Emerald5391 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    wow. congrats. you have done great. just ignore the haters. you look gorgeous.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!