calories burned through spinning

Options
I do spinning twice a week, one of the classes is 45 mins and the other 60 mins. Spinning burns many calories, but when I enter my exercise it is only saying I burn 17 and 31 calories per class! This is not correct, how can I ensure that the correct calories burnt are shown correctly?

Thanks!

Replies

• lesley12345
    lesley12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a watch that measure my calories burned, I do a spin/weight class that is an hour and it says i burn almost 480 calories during the class.
    my instructor told us that we can burn anywhere b/t 450-600 calories.
  • holcjm
    holcjm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try it again, I just looked up spinning and typed in 60 for the time and it said 655 calories. It may just have been a glitch in the site! Hope it works for you!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    urgh my post didn't post... I just tried and it said 45 minutes of spinning equals 462 calories
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I wear a heartrate monitor and I burn 425-525 calories in 60 minutes, depending on the specific work-out.
  • feelfood
    Options
    Thank you for your response. I dont know whether the calories burnt through spinning as per myfitnesspal.com is incorrect due to me changing my weight to stones and pounds as it was originally metric and when my weight was in metric form the calories burned through spin were around the 400 mark. Not sure what I can do about it though?